gotdoc

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 22, 2005
Status
Pre-Medical
I just recieved my first acceptance and I'm so overjoyed that I can't believe it's true. I'm tempted to call and confirm. Anyone ever heard of acceptances sent out by mistake?

Turkeyman

Trickster Poultry
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 26, 2004
Silver Spring, Maryland
Status
Haha you earned it. Call if you wish...but I haven't heard of acceptance mistakes.
...btw, was it Poopoo Medical School cause that'd be bangin' yo!

Psycho Doctor

*** Angel
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 27, 2004
Status
Medical Student
gotdoc said:
I just recieved my first acceptance and I'm so overjoyed that I can't believe it's true. I'm tempted to call and confirm. Anyone ever heard of acceptances sent out by mistake?
:laugh: :laugh: lol Have more confidence in yoruself! Congrats, good job!

sunnyjohn

Got Mustard?
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 24, 2005
In a world all my own.
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
Congrats on your acceptance! Get off SDN! It's making you neurotic! Go celebrate!

:hardy: :hardy: :hardy: :hardy:

Moto

RHA
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 10, 2005
Status
Medical Student
I got a call, but until I received a packet I was paranoid thinking that it still might be mistake, or a dream.

OP
G

gotdoc

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 22, 2005
Status
Pre-Medical
Thanks guys. Good luck to you all. its only a matter of time, as I have learned.

BaylorGuy

Enter witty comment here
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Mar 20, 2005
Galveston
Status
Turkeyman said:
Haha you earned it. Call if you wish...but I haven't heard of acceptance mistakes.
...btw, was it Poopoo Medical School cause that'd be bangin' yo!
Turkey, you need to stop tempting me with Poopoo med. I sent in my secondary in like August and still haven't heard from them. Should i call them up and ask for an interview??? :laugh:

To the OP, congrats...go out and celebrate.

Turkeyman

Trickster Poultry
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 26, 2004
Silver Spring, Maryland
Status
BaylorGuy said:
Turkey, you need to stop tempting me with Poopoo med. I sent in my secondary in like August and still haven't heard from them. Should i call them up and ask for an interview??? :laugh:

To the OP, congrats...go out and celebrate.
Yeah man, PooPoo school of medicine is the top rated(#0) school in the country, but never receives enough applicants during the application cycle to sufficiently fill up their class! I was already accepted, but it is conditional because I have been accepted every year and they always cancel on me! Every student is guaranteed a match into a top residency and you receive top notch academic training with three faculty to one student.

They explicitly stated "We need more corn kernels to begin the academic year," so call and ask --> they probably lost your mail in the sewage tunnel you have to drive through to reach the school :thumbup: !

The only downside is that the entire facility smells like $HIT.

etudiante04

phenomenal
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 14, 2005
Status
I know how you feel. I have no acceptances yet, but when I got my first interview invite last month, I thought the adcoms messed up. But then again, I did apply there - that was no mistake, and I expressed an interest in the school. It's not like I did not send in a secondary. I went through the motions, just like everyone else - so the interview invite was not a mistake. I deserved it. You should feel the same way about your acceptance! Congratulations!

pagemmapants

Unknown Member
10+ Year Member
Jul 7, 2005
Status
Attending Physician
I was seriously that same way - that phone call only lasts about 2 minutes, maximum and then you're left sitting there wondering if it was a sleep-deprivation-induced hallucination. Comes as kind of a relief when the admit letter finally arrives!