Accepted applicants, when are you going to quit your job?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

tbh I love my gap year jobs and activities. While I may reduce the hours on some, I can't see myself quitting immediately simply cause I just like what I do, but I guess everyone isn't as fortunate with respect to jobs!

Members don't see this ad :)
I'll probably take the summer off before medical school to just enjoy my time.

tbh I love my gap year jobs and activities. While I may reduce the hours on some, I can't see myself quitting immediately simply cause I just like what I do, but I guess everyone isn't as fortunate with respect to jobs!
You're so lucky you have a job you like. I'm a phlebotomist and I absolutely hate it so I'm considering just quitting next month and making money with my side gig till med school starts.

You're so lucky you have a job you like. I'm a phlebotomist and I absolutely hate it so I'm considering just quitting next month and making money with my side gig till med school starts.
If you hate it, put in your 2 weeks. You've gotten into medical school, your phlebotomist job is now done. Lol, i was very fortunate. But, its because my research lab liked me and my boss hired me immediately after graduation as his lab tech and then promoted me to lab manager and now, finally, vp lab director. Can't go any higher without an MD or PhD, but perhaps after med school I can co-run the lab with him :p.

Reactions: 1 user
If you can afford it I highly advise you to quit immediately!

Reactions: 1 users
At this point I am working to keep health insurance for my wife and son

Reactions: 5 users
I’m been really terrible at my job lately because of the application process (taking time for MCAT studies, writing essays, and then traveling for interviews)... I haven’t excelled at my job this entire year and they’re not understanding because well, it’s a cut throat place and they don’t know I’m going to med school! HR wants to see me tomorrow, so maybe I’ll get fired and collect unemployment :arghh: I’m telling myself it’s a miracle I even pulled it off in the first place..

I'm on contract until May. Then I'll spend my one month off moving... +pity+

Reactions: 1 users
I just quit today actually. 10 months of vacation lies ahead of me.

Reactions: 2 users
I just quit today actually. 10 months of vacation lies ahead of me.
+1 My stupid, crappy job is getting in the way of everything I want to do before school, I can't bring myself to care about it even in the slightest since I got accepted and I don't want to work the holidays, so I put in my two weeks yesterday.

Reactions: 1 user