Accepted at OU-COM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

luckyduck

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I had my first interview at OU-COM in Athens, Ohio yesterday and found out from their admissions representative today that I was accepted! I am soooooooo excited!!! I love the school and everyone (students, faculty, administration, etc.) was awesome! Good luck to everyone at their upcoming interviews! I hope you are just as lucky! :D :D :D

Members don't see this ad.

Congratulations! I'm an MS-I here at OUCOM and absolutely love it here. Which curricula are you considering (PCC or CPC?) If you have any questions, feel free to email me directly.

This is my first time posting to the site. I have been reading things for awhile now, but thought that since I have gotten a congradulations email on acceptance to OUCOM that I should throw something up. It seems to be an excellent school and the people are extremely friendly.

Members don't see this ad :)
Timler- Were you at the interview Tuesday? Which one were you? I was the red-head (well reddish-brown) in the black suit with red jacket. I loved OU. I have two other interviews scheduled for Des Moines and LECOM, but I am going to cancel them. I just love OU and the students and atmosphere! Who emailed you? I talked to Mr. Schriner on the phone Wednesday and that is how I found out :) Thanks for posting and please keep posting under this topic.

Teufelhunden- Thanks in advance for answering questions. I am considering PCC. I like the small group component. Where do you live- at the South Street Station apartments? John Schriner said a lot of students live there (I think). I will try to email you soon :)

Luckyduck -

I was the guy from Miami University in the dark suit and short hair. Not looking at other DO schools, most other schools are not interviewing yet that I applied to. Looks like OUCOM for me!

Timler- So you are thinking OU hands down? Or are you considering other Ohio schools if you are granted interview? I will interview at U.C. and Wright State possibly if invited, but I just loved OU-COM and Athens. It will be tough to top my first impression of OU. The school was great and it felt like home. Maybe we'll be classmates. Have you heard if anyone else from our interview group was admitted? Do you know if Amber from Miami has heard anything? What did you think of the facilities? Please respond when you get a chance. :p

I am also waiting for other interviews, but I will send in my acceptance letter to OU-COM. I really don't know the Amber girl from Miami, so I don't know if she got in. Athens and OU-COM exceeded what I expected and I think they offer a very good medical school opportunity. I will see what else pops up and decide probably later this year.