Accepted dental students, how many classes did you receive a grade below a B on?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
2 D+, 7 C's, 2 B-

Well... since you are curious, I have lots to share. :) So here they are. You'll notice that two of my classes have a second grade in brackets from when I retook the classes.

Enjoy!

Macroeconomics: F
Elementary Russian I: D
The Dynamic Earth: C
History of Alaska Natives: D
Academic Writing about the Sciences: C
Fundamentals of Oral Communication: C
Political Development in Latin America: F
Perspectives on History: F
Renaissance and Reformation in Europe: F (A)
Intermediate Ballroom Dance: F
Senior Thesis: F (B)
Organic Chemistry I: C

cGPA: 3.02 :rolleyes:
sGPA: 3.68
bcpGPA: 3.70

Don't give up! :highfive:

Hey dentist95757 and Tirekicker,

I was just wondering how long it took you guys to recover your gpa?

Members don't see this ad.

This thread really gives me hope about the C's I have. I was really worried about it since back when I took the classes I wasn't thinking of doing dental at all so all I cared about was pssing them :p And now that I do wanna do dental I wish I could go back and erase it. But I'm not done so I can still make up for it.

Members don't see this ad :)
B- Gen Chem I
B Calculus (can't do proper math)
B+ Genetics (should have taken the genetics class with multiple choice questions)
B Upper level Molecular Biology (pesky essay questions)
B+ Mol Genetics and Micro Lab
C+ Upper level Virology (no commments)
C Genetic Engineering (no comments)
B- Short Story (lost my creative writing skills after taking multiple choice tests for so long)

It's interesting that OP brought this topic up. I was actually asked a question about why you got a certain grade at one of my interviews. I think the key is that you don't get caught up on what your actual grades were (since this is college, not high school); the more important aspect is your attitude.

pre Dec 1: one B...in Multivariable Calculus
post Dec 1: add two more B's...

Hey dentist95757 and Tirekicker,

I was just wondering how long it took you guys to recover your gpa?

Well, I'm a history major and I was done with the majority of my program requirements when I switched to dentistry and buckled down. It took me about a year and a half to "recover" my GPA while doing prereqs, shadowing, volunteering, etc. I think I'm probably the "under 3.0 poster child." :rolleyes:

C first term of bio at CC then a D in trig at my university. I retook trig
and got an A. It was all part of the adjustment process - both were received first term at a new institution. I learned from them and aced enough classes to make up for them.

C in Calculus 2
C+ in Genetics
B- in Organic Lab 2
B- in Biochemistry