accepted: Now What?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

buggati

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
My fellow class of 2012 accepted SDNers. Some of us have finally made it in after a long long time of waiting, but some of us have been waitlisted even just accepted to non-first choice schools...i know you get what you get and dont complain, but now starts the official process of hearing back from other schools, first choice schools, doesnt the decision making process post-acceptance make you go crazy? also what now...maintain grades? partAy? go on a vaccation? work and save? now what do we all do...i know we are all in the same boat in one area....we are all WAITING just like we were since we last took those horrible MCATS so applying to med school is really like the circle of life...rite?

Members don't see this ad.

Wonder what I got myself into.

Members don't see this ad :)
Already posted this in another thread but:
chimay.jpg

Since I haven't heard back from my first choice...

Start taking some kind of medication for my blood pressure.

Possibly take something else for the fecal incontinence I'll be experiencing later this month.

For the beer.... Ayinger Celebrator. Amazing beer. Perfect name. You owe it to yourself to buy a couple six-packs for yourself and your buddies if you score at your first choice.

...i know you get what you get and dont complain, but now starts the official process of hearing back from other schools, first choice schools, doesnt the decision making process post-acceptance make you go crazy? also what now...

Stare at the clock....stare at the calendar....check my inbox....check my USPS mailbox....stare at the clock....stare at the calendar....

i figured that decision making is too hard, and not worth narrowing down until i find out all of my options, so i've decided to stop trying to decide based on the little info i have now. I'm waiting until i get my financial aid packages and hear from those non-rolling schools before i try to sort out my options more completely. I feel bad that i'm still holding four acceptances, but like the OP none are to my top-choice school, so financial aid will play a big role in my decision.
Since i'm trying not to obsess about med school stuff for the next month and a half (trying being the key word), i needed something else to obsess about. So i chose becoming healthy. I've lost 17lbs since christmas. I've become a vegan. I work out 5 days a week. Honestly, going from the hardcore carnivorous diet i normally maintain to trying to plan a vegan menu for myself has been almost as time consuming as applying was. It's an interesting challenge that requires a lot of research and self-education, but i really do feel like i've accomplished something. God knows how long it'll last, but right now i have something to occupy some of the obsession space in my brain.