accepted off waitlist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

clay123

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, I was recently accepted off waitlist but in my excitement, quickly accepted the offer of acceptance without thinking of financial aid, which I have yet to receive. Because it is after traffic day, am I allowed to hold 2 acceptances for 5 days?

Members don't see this ad.

Hello, I was recently accepted off waitlist but in my excitement, quickly accepted the offer of acceptance without thinking of financial aid, which I have yet to receive. Because it is after traffic day, am I allowed to hold 2 acceptances for 5 days?

I personally didn't "officially accept" the new offer until financial aid came in. You should check with the admissions office of the school and ask them what the deadline to accept their offer is, and if financial aid information can be expected before then.

Usually schools will allow you to make decision until after aid comes in. The schools I got waitlists for allowed me to do this even after the 5 business days.