accepted students weekends

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

postbacchus

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've heard that some schools have a weekend when they invite all their accepted students to meet each other at social events. I like the idea, because you can see how well you might like the students in your class, which is a factor in deciding where I'll go.

Does anyone know when these happen? Do all schools do this, or just some? I know I can call individual schools, but just wondering if y'all happen to know.

Members don't see this ad.

wow this is such a great thread...I've been wanting to know this info as well :D

Southern Illinois Univeristy has an Open House on April 5, 2002 to "discuss our curriculum and financial aid" and to "have an opportunity to meet with some of our students and faculty."

Hope to see you all there!

Spang

Members don't see this ad :)
New Jersey Medical School is having a luncheon buffet for their accepted students on Jan 4th. It includes tours, the chance to meet other students and receive info about the financial aid process. SUNY Brooklyn has their revisit weekend some time in April

One of my interviewers at Yale mentioned an accepted students weekend sometime in late March/April.

I know that JHU's accepted students weekend is April 5 and 6. You attend classes on Friday and then stay into Sat for "other" activities. I think that these weekends are a great idea. Not only do you get to see the school again, but also a relative makeup of what your class would be like....

Do any of these schools pay to have you come back out for a second look, or is that just for MD/PhD programs?

Northwestern has a 2nd look weekend in the spring for all accepted students. I don't think they pay for plane tickets, but they do put you up with a student for the weekend and pay for other activities.

I think it only you MD/PhDs that get the deluxe treatment Baylor.

Duke's 2nd look weekend is April 4-6. Acceptances will go out 1st week in March.

NYU's revisit day is February 1; their minority revisit weekend is March 1-3

UPenn's is the last weekend in April. I think Harvard's may be about the same time...

mma

Okay, as the original poster here, I thought I'd make this thread a little more helpful and alphabetize. I'm also adding UCSF for the weekend of 4/27/02.

Duke - 4/4-6/02
Harvard - sometime near end of April (unconfirmed)
Hopkins - 4/5-6/02
New Jersey - 1/4/02
Northwestern - Spring sometime
NYU (General) - 2/1/02
NYU (Minority revisit) - 3/1-3/02
Southern Illinois Univeristy - 4/5/02
UC San Francisco - 4/27/02
U. Penn - 4/27-28/02
Yale - Late March/April

Members don't see this ad :)
Adding Michigan Minority Revisit

Duke - 4/4-6/02
Hopkins - 4/5-6/02
New Jersey - 1/4/02
NYU (General) - 2/1/02
University of Michigan (minority revisit) - 4/5-4/7
U. Penn - 4/27-28/02
Yale - Late March/April

Adding the University of Iowa for April 20

Duke - 4/4-6/02
Hopkins - 4/5-6/02
New Jersey - 1/4/02
NYU (General) - 2/1/02
U Iowa - 4/20/92
U. Penn - 4/27-28/02
Yale - Late March/April

stanford, sometime in april.

I heard that Harvard intentionally puts theirs on the same day as Penn's 2nd look weekend.

Wow, I didn't even know schools had these kind of weekends. What would I do with out you guys and this site. :)

Anyone know if Einstein has one of these?

merlin I know they have one for accepted minority students - it doesn't say when though.

I was accepted to NYU and never heard about this 2nd look thing. It's this weekend? Well, guess I won't be doing that . . .

grasshopper,

The revisit day at NYU is this Friday; I received a letter via snail mail providing me with the details. If you're interested in attending, there still may be hope! E-mail this person and explain your situation to her, and maybe something will work: [email protected]

UConn's revisit weekend is from March 22nd-23rd.

Duke - 4/4-6/02
Hopkins - 4/5-6/02
New Jersey - 1/4/02
NYU (General) - 2/1/02
UConn - 3/22-3/23
U Iowa - 4/20/92
U. Penn - 4/27-28/02
Yale - Late March/April

If that's true about Penn and Harvard, it's the funniest thing I've heard in a while. :D

It's interesting that the thing for NYU is so soon. I doubt many peeps will be there - I just got my acceptance letter yesterday...Wouldn't have gone to the revisit thing anyway...