Accepted to 3 med schools 1 is DO the other MD what the heck is DO?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qarmonist

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Nov 11, 2004
Status
Guys I'm also confused about difference between MD and DO during my interview i'm like in my head what in the world is DO. I know what it stands for but WTF is the difference between the two? I got in but which is better, is there somewhere that can explain this? Thanks

indo

Feed me a stray cat
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 28, 2002
www.mcw.edu
Status
Resident [Any Field]
You got accepted to a do school without even knowing what it was?

OP
Qarmonist

Qarmonist

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Nov 11, 2004
Status
indo said:
You got accepted to a do school without even knowing what it was?

Well when I was applying I knew they were closely related and knew both are considered doctors but I dont' know the exact difference. I just want to make money I could care less about the other crap. Heard it makes money so I said why not. Now I'm in I need to learn the difference. Could you detail the differences.

YzIa

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 16, 2004
Status
Qarmonist said:
Guys I'm also confused about difference between MD and DO during my interview i'm like in my head what in the world is DO. I know what it stands for but WTF is the difference between the two? I got in but which is better, is there somewhere that can explain this? Thanks
How did you manage to apply, interview, and get accepted to an osteopathic school and yet have no clue what it is in relation to allopathic?

OP
Qarmonist

Qarmonist

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Nov 11, 2004
Status
YzIa said:
How did you manage to apply, interview, and get accepted to an osteopathic school and yet have no clue what it is in relation to allopathic?

What do you mean its same application form almost same requirements. Interviewed they didn't ask me what the difference is so I don't know what the difference is and why are you guys asking me questions when I asked you guys a question first. I think I just had outstanding letters of Rec.

tacrum43

Behold the mighty echidna
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Oct 19, 2004
Seattle, WA
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Qarmonist said:
Well when I was applying I knew they were closely related and knew both are considered doctors but I dont' know the exact difference. I just want to make money I could care less about the other crap. Heard it makes money so I said why not. Now I'm in I need to learn the difference. Could you detail the differences.
Ladies and Gentlemen, we have a TROLL. You need a recommendation from a D.O. to get into a D.O. school, how could any accepted applicant possibly not know about it?

PhotoMD

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Dec 1, 2004
NYC
Status
Medical Student
Qarmonist said:
What do you mean its same application form almost same requirements. Interviewed they didn't ask me what the difference is so I don't know what the difference is and why are you guys asking me questions when I asked you guys a question first. I think I just had outstanding letters of Rec.
Troll troll troll troll troll troll troll. Yah, because AMCAS is used to submit to osteopathic schools. Troll troll troll. Oh, and troll.

OP
Qarmonist

Qarmonist

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Nov 11, 2004
Status
tacrum43 said:
Ladies and Gentlemen, we have a TROLL. You need a recommendation from a D.O. to get into a D.O. school, how could any accepted applicant possibly not know about it?
Well I got a letter from one of the faculty members in Western. I'm pretty close with one of them so his was one of my letters. Crap this site is weird do you guys answer any questions or just make more?

tacrum43

Behold the mighty echidna
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Oct 19, 2004
Seattle, WA
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Qarmonist said:
Well I got a letter from one of the faculty members in Western. I'm pretty close with one of them so his was one of my letters. Crap this site is weird do you guys answer any questions or just make more?
And you can't ask your good buddy there to explain what exactly a D.O. is? Maybe you had trouble understanding because he doesn't speak Trollenese.

abcxyz0123

SDN Lifetime Donor
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Jun 29, 2004
Status
Attending Physician
tacrum43 said:
Yep, definitely a troll. And I called it first (see above). My first confirmed troll sighting on SDN.
wow only someone real smart could have figured that one out so fast

Status
Not open for further replies.