Accepted to Case Western Alternate List

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TucsonDDS

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well I was just about ready to up and move to Buffalo when a nice little letter came from Case today for the Alternate list. I was really impressed with Case Western and my wife would most definitely rather live in Cleveland even with the money difference (80Kish). I tried to keep a closed eye when touring the school because I didn't want to spend the extra money but I did really like it. Apparently I was late in getting my application in by only 3 days for the regular list so I had to interview for the Alternate list.

Anyone else on the alternate list, I was told they only put like 30 people on it or so and that there is a decent chance of getting pulled off of it.

Members don't see this ad.

congrats..
i fell in love with Case too!

i interviewed march 10th for alternate...and brian told me on the 28th that i made it :)

goodluck

Hey guys,

I just found out that I made the alternate list as well. I've been accepted to BU so far, but CASE always has been my number one choice, and after seeing it, I WANT TO GO THERE!!! The students, faculty, and facilities were awesome! Hope to get in. :oops:

Members don't see this ad :)
TOdentist said:
Hey guys,

I just found out that I made the alternate list as well. I've been accepted to BU so far, but CASE always has been my number one choice, and after seeing it, I WANT TO GO THERE!!! The students, faculty, and facilities were awesome! Hope to get in. :oops:

YAY congrats!!

wooohoooo.

when did u find out? did u call? or letter?

i :love: case .... their admissions is so great...if they tell u it's in the mail, u get it the NEXT day...if they tell u to call in a week, they'll TELL you in a week! :thumbup:

Thanks Fruity!

It would be awesome if we went there together! I found out today...Brian told me on the phone. I'm excited and yet scared, there are probably a lot of ppl on the alternate list, and last year only 7 got in :scared: .

Well all we can do now is hope for the best. :luck:

Wooowwww! It's seems like in these 2 years, Case have accepted quite a few Canadians, especially Torontonians, including myself. Hope you will get in so that we can form a 'T.O poise'!

TOdentist said:
Thanks Fruity!

It would be awesome if we went there together! I found out today...Brian told me on the phone. I'm excited and yet scared, there are probably a lot of ppl on the alternate list, and last year only 7 got in :scared: .

Well all we can do now is hope for the best. :luck:

Good luck you guys, I doubt you even need it, but I really hope you all will get in! Especially fruity, so we can be roommates!

Congrats, to you all, and good luck, I'm not really sure what the chances are but I hope it works out for the best for all you.

grinningrice said:
Good luck you guys, I doubt you even need it, but I really hope you all will get in! Especially fruity, so we can be roommates!

yay..thnks grinningrice!!..we can be "minority" roomies...hehe chinese-canadian 'ere... ;)

i'm sending out my deposit out on monday

ok important question: :eek:

when (in the past) have people been taken OFF the alt list and then accepted...as early as may?? :confused:

I believe so...interviews are concluding so after that if there are any spots available they will pull the applicants on the alternate list. I know for a fact though that you can get accepted as late as the first day of orientation, which is in the end of July (happened last year), so....Case will have a lot of time to pick people from the list between this time.

Good Luck

fruity_trident said:
yay..thnks grinningrice!!..we can be "minority" roomies...hehe chinese-canadian 'ere... ;)

i'm sending out my deposit out on monday

ok important question: :eek:

when (in the past) have people been taken OFF the alt list and then accepted...as early as may?? :confused:

Thanks for the luck guys! We'll need it. I'm so scared that Case will call me after I make my first semester tuition payment at BU...that would suck :( . Hopefully it would be before that (if it even happens at all). The Admissions secretary told me that one year they exhausted the entire alternate list...letting them all in....LOL I wonder how long ago that was... :rolleyes:

Guys, I totally understand how it feels to be "suspended in the air". I wish all of you good luck and hope seeing you this July orientation!

Hey alternate listers, I just spoke to David Dalsky and there are currently 16 people that have sent in their deposits so far. Hope the list doesn't get too much bigger :oops: . I'm gettin scared, you know when you want something soooo bad it just doesn't end up happening. Anyway good luck to you all! :luck:

I've just chatted with the admissions today and the person said the interview for the alternate list will conclude around the end of this month. So there won't be a lot more applicants behind you.

Good Luck

TOdentist said:
Hey alternate listers, I just spoke to David Dalsky and there are currently 16 people that have sent in their deposits so far. Hope the list doesn't get too much bigger :oops: . I'm gettin scared, you know when you want something soooo bad it just doesn't end up happening. Anyway good luck to you all! :luck:

The Musketeer said:
I've just chatted with the admissions today and the person said the interview for the alternate list will conclude around the end of this month. So there won't be a lot more applicants behind you.

Good Luck

Thanks Musketeer, if I get in, I'll bring you a bunch of Canadian goods (which I'm sure u miss)...Timmy's coffee, etc...taking orders, anything else? LOL :D

TOdentist said:
Hey alternate listers, I just spoke to David Dalsky and there are currently 16 people that have sent in their deposits so far. Hope the list doesn't get too much bigger . I'm gettin scared, you know when you want something soooo bad it just doesn't end up happening. Anyway good luck to you all!

The Musketeer said:
Good Luck

what delightful news! i must go tell the queen, and have tea with her at the high table :laugh:

dunno what provoked me to write that. i'm nuts.
anyays. it's great news.

how many ppl were at YOUR alt interviews? i had 3.
and how many days a week do they offer these interviews? cuz i'm just tryin to work out how many more ppl are still goin for the alt list...and then working out my chances ...kinda..sorta...
no biggie if i don't make it. i've come to terms with it. i will live off my sister for a year..hehehe

Ya, hope all the Canadians get in! But forget about regular items, I want delicicies like Sushi, Korean BBQ....damn, I really miss those 'all-U-can-it' resturants! :D

TOdentist said:
Thanks Musketeer, if I get in, I'll bring you a bunch of Canadian goods (which I'm sure u miss)...Timmy's coffee, etc...taking orders, anything else? LOL :D

I believe they interview about 3 days/week (Mon, Wed, Thurs or is it Mon, Thurs, Fri). However, because people are interviewing for the alternate list, so people might decline and I sometime only see 2 people in the waiting room. So, I think you will have a good chance of receiving that lovely acceptance letter!

fruity_trident said:
what delightful news! i must go tell the queen, and have tea with her at the high table :laugh:

dunno what provoked me to write that. i'm nuts.
anyays. it's great news.

how many ppl were at YOUR alt interviews? i had 3.
and how many days a week do they offer these interviews? cuz i'm just tryin to work out how many more ppl are still goin for the alt list...and then working out my chances ...kinda..sorta...
no biggie if i don't make it. i've come to terms with it. i will live off my sister for a year..hehehe

The Musketeer said:
Ya, hope all the Canadians get in! But forget about regular items, I want delicicies like Sushi, Korean BBQ....damn, I really miss those 'all-U-can-it' resturants! :D

hate to make u hate me...but i'm definately hitting up sushi buffet (queen & spadina - 18.99 for everything u get off the menu & most importantly SASHIMI!!) after my exams...

and since i'm forcing (cough cough, i mean kindly asking) my guy friends to help me move next week, i'm gonna treat them to Frankie Tomatto's ALL U CAN EAT..i've heard great things about it....but haven't been...

mmm...but for now, during exams...i'll just stick with my quick eats :rolleyes:

fruity_trident said:
hate to make u hate me...but i'm definately hitting up sushi buffet (queen & spadina - 18.99 for everything u get off the menu & most importantly SASHIMI!!) after my exams...

I went there a couple of times..I don't think they have many choices of sashimi...only salmon and clam..but it is the only (?) sushi buffet place around school (UT) area..anywhere else? sorry I am kinda crazy for sushi ..

xiaoxiao said:
I went there a couple of times..I don't think they have many choices of sashimi...only salmon and clam..but it is the only (?) sushi buffet place around school (UT) area..anywhere else? sorry I am kinda crazy for sushi ..

salmon and surf clam. good enough for me. lol.
and the've got a huge selection of sushi and rolls (but u need to eat w. a lot of other ppl..cuz rolls come in 6's).

there's a place in greek town..can't remember the name. i think the buffett is 16.99. the salmon isn't as good..and that's the only sashimi.

i don't know, beyond that