Accepted to competitive MD school with 25P. Don't ever lose sight of your goal.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats. But, do you mind posting your stats(ie, GPA,MCAT,EC,etc) as well as the school that you got into? I think that would be more helpful for other applicants in the same position.

Btw, what do you think it was that set you apart or helped in getting the interview and acceptance?

Members don't see this ad.

Regardless of stats, this is quite an accomplishment. Be happy for the OP, instead of condescending/critical.

I think we can be happy for the OP but totally disagree with his point in the thread. Folks should not take comfort in the fact that he got in -- it does not mean they will too. In fact it probably means they will not, because only a few folks get to be outliers. That he applies and was successful does not mean it is a good idea to apply with a 25 MCAT -- it is not. You do not have a good chance to get in with this score. 90+% of folks who apply with these stats don't get interviewed. So congrats to the OP. But don't dare suggest that others will be successful if they follow your path -- most won't. People should try to make themselves competitive with the average person who gets into med school, not the rare outlier. Because admissions are only partly about the numbers, and you never know what "hook" such an outlier had that got them in DESPITE the 25. Waste of time to try and duplicate this -- lightening doesn't strike twice in most cases. Don't try to be that one in a million, try to be one of the million.

Members don't see this ad :)
Stats were posted

I meant mostly in terms of ECs, as well as the medical school that the OP got into. I think that would be more helpful for other applicants than just saying "I have a 3.5, 25 MCAT, and am disadvantaged". I find it hard to believe that, unless it is a bottom tier school, which the OP said it wasnt, that the OP could get into a competitive MD school with those stats, unless he/she had some unique ECs or circumstances that helped.

Last edited:
I've received a lot of PMs asking EC questions. I posted a MDapps profile. I applied to 13 MD schools and 4 DO schools but I couldn't figure out how to list them all. It wasn't working correctly.

I thought you were a he!

Must have been your avatar.