ACCEPTED to Dental School and now have senioritis

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Richnator

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,
How many people here are accepted to their first choice schools, because they busted their ass for the DAT and are now so burned out with senioritis?

Members don't see this ad.

Richnator said:
Hey guys,
How many people here are accepted to their first choice schools, because they busted their ass for the DAT and are now so burned out with senioritis?
I feel you man! I have finals this week, and I'm just having a hard time finding the will to study. I just don't care anymore!!!

I don't think I have ever been able to concentrate less. I am not kidding. All of a sudden the crap I am expected to remember seems so stupid, I want to learn bigger and better things! Physics is not the final to have senioritis for, but it's here, bigger and badder than ever. AHHH! I am still in the running for an A, if I could only get my effing rear-end to stay put and study!

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm in the same boat. This semester I'm not so worried about since only finals left, but next semester might be a little more challenging to keep up the grades since I will know from day 1. My plan is to work really hard until spring starts, then just lay back and enjoy the sun.

Am I the only one to calculate how low of a grade I can get on my finals and still get the necessary C required to keep my acceptance?

Utes said:
Am I the only one to calculate how low of a grade I can get on my finals and still get the necessary C required to keep my acceptance?
You only need C's to keep your acceptance?!?!??!! whoa, thats nice!!

Utes said:

No I did the same thing.

Hot pickle baby said:
No I did the same thing.
Yah, I also am doing the bare minimum in some courses. I just want to graduate and start dental school already ^_^ So, I am saving my energy for later :-D

Oh, trust me, I have calculated what I need too. The problem is, I don't know if I can keep my acceptance with a C...is anyone totally sure that this would fly? I've been calculating everying based on B's, just in case.

The only class I am worrried about is Physical Chemistry II, and I don't think that UF dental school would care if I got a C in that class , or atleast I hope they don't . Anybody have any info on what they expect of us after we've been accepted and before we start dental school like what kind of grades do they want us to keep?

rip921 said:
The only class I am worrried about is Physical Chemistry II, and I don't think that UF dental school would care if I got a C in that class , or atleast I hope they don't . Anybody have any info on what they expect of us after we've been accepted and before we start dental school like what kind of grades do they want us to keep?
I heard one C is fine. However, if you get all C's then it is a red flag. I am not planning to bomb all my courses. However, one hard one I am a little worried about because I didnt have the time to put the work into it.

rip921 said:
I have to take Chem. II next semester too. :scared: :scared: :scared: PChem I is kicking my ass right now so don’t even want to think about the next semester. :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

I'm a chemistry major and I didn't mind every other chemistry class I took, but PChem I and PChem II are the worst. I am so glad that after monday when I take my Pchem II final I'll be done with physical chemistry. Good Luck with PChem

Members don't see this ad :)
I was a chem major initially, but when I found out about PChem...I quickly switched over to Bio. I'm not regretting that decision now. ;)

Ya, some of my friends who are in my class say that pchem is probably one of the hardest classes period. I mean its a combination of physics, chemistry, and calculus and it can be very abstract and hard to understand.

cowsgomoo said:
I have to take Chem. II next semester too. :scared: :scared: :scared: PChem I is kicking my ass right now so don’t even want to think about the next semester. :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:
You have a 4.0 gpa all around and you have a class thats kicking your ass? I guess it goes to show that your actually human and not a computer. ;) Are you going to score an A or is this going to be the first blemish on that gpa that we are all so jelous of?

Dutchboy said:
You have a 4.0 gpa all around and you have a class thats kicking your ass? I guess it goes to show that your actually human and not a computer. ;) Are you going to score an A or is this going to be the first blemish on that gpa that we are all so jelous of?
No I think I can pull an A if I study my ass off this weekend. But of the classes to make a B I think Latin is going to be my downfall this semester. Damn I thought it was going to be easy. :mad: :mad:

hahaha I have to take PChem II as well next semester... hope that works out okay.. :rolleyes:

cowsgomoo said:

Why are you taking them? dental school doesnt require them?

Who cares about getting a degree, skip the degree and go straight to doctorate...............

Hot pickle baby said:
Why are you taking them? dental school doesnt require them?

Who cares about getting a degree, skip the degree and go straight to doctorate...............
I wish I could and chill for the next 6 months but most of the acceptance letters come with conditions. Most of them say I got to complete all course work listed in AADSAS application and that I have to earn a degree. :mad: :mad:

cowsgomoo said:
No I think I can pull an A if I study my ass off this weekend. But of the classes to make a B I think Latin is going to be my downfall this semester. Damn I thought it was going to be easy. :mad: :mad:
Dont you just hate it when those classes you expect to be the easy ones end up giving you so much trouble! :mad:

cowsgomoo said:
I wish I could and chill for the next 6 months but most of the acceptance letters come with conditions. Most of them say I got to complete all course work listed in AADSAS application and that I have to earn a degree. :mad: :mad:

Hey, they just say COMPLETE them. Nobody ever said you had to get A's. Granted, you want to stay away from C's and certainly don't want any D's....but I think it's possible to just relax and not stress out so much anymore and just get along with B's. I mean seriously, most classes if you put in any reasonable amount of effort - just going to class and keeping up with reading, you should be able to stay around the class average (around a B-).

So just relax...you just got into dental school!! Take a break!! You deserve it!!

cowsgomoo said:

Yup, P Chem is a b1tch...calculus and derviations up the butt. Honestly, I have so much respect for chem major after taking that class. After taking inorgainic chem, I have even more respect for chem major. You need to have some impeccable perceptual ability to do well in that class. Anything with the word "physical" is hard.