Accepted to Michigan, but I am going somewhere else~!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mwsung

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got accepted to Michigan, but I already decided to go to UPitt
and am waiting to hear from Canadian schools...

what should I do?

btw, which is better Michigan or Pitt in terms of curriculum & tuition?

Members don't see this ad.

mwsung said:

what should I do?

go to michigan

mwsung said:

what should I do?

Give out your spot to someone else to go to Michigan. Such a great oportunity.

Members don't see this ad :)
mwsung said:

what should I do?

don't i know it... got accepted to michigan today but i already had my mind made up to go to case... now i have no clue what to do.

Biogirl361 said:
don't i know it... got accepted to michigan today but i already had my mind made up to go to case... now i have no clue what to do.
Is Michigan a easy school to get in overall?

gundam said:
Is Michigan a easy school to get in overall?

average entering gpa ~3.5, DAT 19 on all sections. you don't have to be a genious but I think it's relatively selective.

Hey! congrats Biogirl361! :thumbup: I was rooting for ya. I Knew you were waiting to hear from Mich.

Yeah its a tuff decision once you fall for another school. Are you a Mich resident? If you live in the area maybe you should visit both schools again.

gundam said:
Give out your spot to someone else to go to Michigan. Such a great oportunity.

hey Mr. Robot, are you waiting to hear from UPitt? If you are, I am ready to give up my spot... it will just cost ya some $$$ .... I accept money order, personal cheque, visa, mastercard, interac, gold, silver, girls, etc...

Biogirl361 said:
average entering gpa ~3.5, DAT 19 on all sections. you don't have to be a genious but I think it's relatively selective.

hey biogirl. Did you end up sending that deposit to Case? I remember you were concerned 'bout that.

airvent said:
Hey! congrats Biogirl361! :thumbup: I was rooting for ya. I Knew you were waiting to hear from Mich.

Yeah its a tuff decision once you fall for another school. Are you a Mich resident? If you live in the area maybe you should visit both schools again.

yeah i live like 45 minutes from ann arbor, I also know at least 4 other kids from my undergrad that will be going there in the fall. I am considering going down to AA to visit again in a week or so to remind myself what i liked about the school, since once i started looking harder at Case I started to really like them a lot. the downside to case is it is 5 hours away compared to 45 minutes, it's in a big city (i like small towns) and it would end up being around 40,000 more expensive.
Delicious... ya i sent my deposit to case a couple months ago. I also started my financial aid for them and was going to go find an apartment next week, until now... sigh. UM only gave me like 12 days to send a deposit to them, so I will most likely send it in and then make my final decision after I research more/visit the schools again. thanks for the good wishes everyone, i appreciate it :)

Biogirl361 said:

Biogirl, Congrats on getting into Michigan! I knew you would, just didn't know why they took so long. Do you think you will go there?

I interviewed at both Michigan and UPitt, and my advice is to go to Michigan if you have the option. They are both good schools, but I was more impressed with the quality of michigan. Just my two cents.

RachMSU said:
Biogirl, Congrats on getting into Michigan! I knew you would, just didn't know why they took so long. Do you think you will go there?

thanks :) , yeah i am confused as to what took so long too unless there was some kind of mistake or problem with my application... who knows. I don't know yet if I will go there, I've gotten kind of attached to Case in the past 2 months. There are a ton of things I like better about Case, I am just not sure if I can overlook the convenience, location and cost of UM so easily. I am just scared that at Michigan they don't let you do as much clinical work and you don't get to start on it as early. I don't want to graduate not knowing how to do anything! for example at case I think they let you do cleanings, exams, sealants during your first year and someone told me that at michigan first year you "might get to assist for a cleaning if you're lucky" :scared: learning to assist for things is basically worthless in my opinion - you're in dental school, not assisting school, let's learn to actually do something shall we. if anyone has contradicting info please correct me I would love to have heard wrong about this.
so basically it's between michigan having all the superficial perks and a better comfort level but a sketchy clinical training and Case having a lot of small inconveniences and being less comfortable there but more confident at the end. i dont know what to do.

Members don't see this ad :)
Biogirl361 said:
thanks :) , yeah i am confused as to what took so long too unless there was some kind of mistake or problem with my application... who knows. I don't know yet if I will go there, I've gotten kind of attached to Case in the past 2 months. There are a ton of things I like better about Case, I am just not sure if I can overlook the convenience, location and cost of UM so easily. I am just scared that at Michigan they don't let you do as much clinical work and you don't get to start on it as early. I don't want to graduate not knowing how to do anything! for example at case I think they let you do cleanings, exams, sealants during your first year and someone told me that at michigan first year you "might get to assist for a cleaning if you're lucky" :scared: learning to assist for things is basically worthless in my opinion - you're in dental school, not assisting school, let's learn to actually do something shall we. if anyone has contradicting info please correct me I would love to have heard wrong about this.
so basically it's between michigan having all the superficial perks and a better comfort level but a sketchy clinical training and Case having a lot of small inconveniences and being less comfortable there but more confident at the end. i dont know what to do.

congrats biogirl, this is a good problem to have, two schools want you, now you have to decide. Good luck on the decision.

hockeydentist said:
congrats biogirl, this is a good problem to have, two schools want you, now you have to decide. Good luck on the decision.

thanks, i realize i'm lucky and don't mean to offend anyone who didn't get in. hockey, so did you decide what you're doing next year? I can't believe you haven't heard from anywhere yet, I know people with worse stats than you who got in :confused:

Biogirl361 said:
thanks, i realize i'm lucky and don't mean to offend anyone who didn't get in. hockey, so did you decide what you're doing next year? I can't believe you haven't heard from anywhere yet, I know people with worse stats than you who got in :confused:

I am going to pm you

mwsung said:
hey Mr. Robot, are you waiting to hear from UPitt? If you are, I am ready to give up my spot... it will just cost ya some $$$ .... I accept money order, personal cheque, visa, mastercard, interac, gold, silver, girls, etc...

What about laser gun and beam weapons? Do you accept those? That's all I have.

oops sorry for the double post ha ha

accepted to Michigan but going to USC

Cornball714 said:
accepted to Michigan but going to USC

why? I mean... "why????"

you must be one of those PBL lovers

Biogirl361 said:
oops sorry for the double post ha ha

I know a lot of people told you congrats.. but I had to tell you as well.
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
¡¡¡¡FELICIDADES!!!! (Spa. for congrats)

wimmcs said:
I know a lot of people told you congrats.. but I had to tell you as well.
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
¡¡¡¡FELICIDADES!!!! (Spa. for congrats)

Biogirl361 said:
Just curious... does it take you longer to sleep these nights... with all that ... "CASE or UMich" stuck in your head. :D

yeah i am almost more depressed now than when i thought i wasn't going to get in... sigh.