Accepted to Michigan, but I am going somewhere else~!!

mwsung

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 15, 2004
Visit site
Status
  1. Dentist
I got accepted to Michigan, but I already decided to go to UPitt
and am waiting to hear from Canadian schools...

what should I do?

btw, which is better Michigan or Pitt in terms of curriculum & tuition?

egpndoc

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 27, 2005
So Cal
Status
mwsung said:

what should I do?

go to michigan

gundam

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 23, 2005
Status
mwsung said:

what should I do?

Give out your spot to someone else to go to Michigan. Such a great oportunity.

About the Ads

Biogirl361

1K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 7, 2004
Visit site
Status
mwsung said:

what should I do?

don't i know it... got accepted to michigan today but i already had my mind made up to go to case... now i have no clue what to do.

gundam

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 23, 2005
Status
Biogirl361 said:
don't i know it... got accepted to michigan today but i already had my mind made up to go to case... now i have no clue what to do.
Is Michigan a easy school to get in overall?

airvent

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 5, 2004
Status
Hey! congrats Biogirl361! :thumbup: I was rooting for ya. I Knew you were waiting to hear from Mich.

Yeah its a tuff decision once you fall for another school. Are you a Mich resident? If you live in the area maybe you should visit both schools again.

mwsung

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 15, 2004
Visit site
Status
  1. Dentist
gundam said:
Give out your spot to someone else to go to Michigan. Such a great oportunity.

hey Mr. Robot, are you waiting to hear from UPitt? If you are, I am ready to give up my spot... it will just cost ya some $$$ .... I accept money order, personal cheque, visa, mastercard, interac, gold, silver, girls, etc...

delicious

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Nov 18, 2004
Status
Biogirl361 said:
average entering gpa ~3.5, DAT 19 on all sections. you don't have to be a genious but I think it's relatively selective.

hey biogirl. Did you end up sending that deposit to Case? I remember you were concerned 'bout that.

Biogirl361

1K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 7, 2004
Visit site
Status
airvent said:
Hey! congrats Biogirl361! :thumbup: I was rooting for ya. I Knew you were waiting to hear from Mich.

Yeah its a tuff decision once you fall for another school. Are you a Mich resident? If you live in the area maybe you should visit both schools again.

yeah i live like 45 minutes from ann arbor, I also know at least 4 other kids from my undergrad that will be going there in the fall. I am considering going down to AA to visit again in a week or so to remind myself what i liked about the school, since once i started looking harder at Case I started to really like them a lot. the downside to case is it is 5 hours away compared to 45 minutes, it's in a big city (i like small towns) and it would end up being around 40,000 more expensive.
Delicious... ya i sent my deposit to case a couple months ago. I also started my financial aid for them and was going to go find an apartment next week, until now... sigh. UM only gave me like 12 days to send a deposit to them, so I will most likely send it in and then make my final decision after I research more/visit the schools again. thanks for the good wishes everyone, i appreciate it :)

RachMSU

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 16, 2003
Milan, MI
Visit site
Status
Biogirl361 said:

Biogirl, Congrats on getting into Michigan! I knew you would, just didn't know why they took so long. Do you think you will go there?

bspeedy00

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 5, 2004
St. Paul, MN
Status
I interviewed at both Michigan and UPitt, and my advice is to go to Michigan if you have the option. They are both good schools, but I was more impressed with the quality of michigan. Just my two cents.

Biogirl361

1K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 7, 2004
Visit site
Status
RachMSU said:
Biogirl, Congrats on getting into Michigan! I knew you would, just didn't know why they took so long. Do you think you will go there?

thanks :) , yeah i am confused as to what took so long too unless there was some kind of mistake or problem with my application... who knows. I don't know yet if I will go there, I've gotten kind of attached to Case in the past 2 months. There are a ton of things I like better about Case, I am just not sure if I can overlook the convenience, location and cost of UM so easily. I am just scared that at Michigan they don't let you do as much clinical work and you don't get to start on it as early. I don't want to graduate not knowing how to do anything! for example at case I think they let you do cleanings, exams, sealants during your first year and someone told me that at michigan first year you "might get to assist for a cleaning if you're lucky" :scared: learning to assist for things is basically worthless in my opinion - you're in dental school, not assisting school, let's learn to actually do something shall we. if anyone has contradicting info please correct me I would love to have heard wrong about this.
so basically it's between michigan having all the superficial perks and a better comfort level but a sketchy clinical training and Case having a lot of small inconveniences and being less comfortable there but more confident at the end. i dont know what to do.

About the Ads

hockeydentist

1K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 21, 2002
The eye of the storm
Visit site
Status
Biogirl361 said:
thanks :) , yeah i am confused as to what took so long too unless there was some kind of mistake or problem with my application... who knows. I don't know yet if I will go there, I've gotten kind of attached to Case in the past 2 months. There are a ton of things I like better about Case, I am just not sure if I can overlook the convenience, location and cost of UM so easily. I am just scared that at Michigan they don't let you do as much clinical work and you don't get to start on it as early. I don't want to graduate not knowing how to do anything! for example at case I think they let you do cleanings, exams, sealants during your first year and someone told me that at michigan first year you "might get to assist for a cleaning if you're lucky" :scared: learning to assist for things is basically worthless in my opinion - you're in dental school, not assisting school, let's learn to actually do something shall we. if anyone has contradicting info please correct me I would love to have heard wrong about this.
so basically it's between michigan having all the superficial perks and a better comfort level but a sketchy clinical training and Case having a lot of small inconveniences and being less comfortable there but more confident at the end. i dont know what to do.

congrats biogirl, this is a good problem to have, two schools want you, now you have to decide. Good luck on the decision.

Biogirl361

1K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 7, 2004
Visit site
Status
hockeydentist said:
congrats biogirl, this is a good problem to have, two schools want you, now you have to decide. Good luck on the decision.

thanks, i realize i'm lucky and don't mean to offend anyone who didn't get in. hockey, so did you decide what you're doing next year? I can't believe you haven't heard from anywhere yet, I know people with worse stats than you who got in :confused:

hockeydentist

1K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 21, 2002
The eye of the storm
Visit site
Status
Biogirl361 said:
thanks, i realize i'm lucky and don't mean to offend anyone who didn't get in. hockey, so did you decide what you're doing next year? I can't believe you haven't heard from anywhere yet, I know people with worse stats than you who got in :confused:

I am going to pm you

gundam

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 23, 2005
Status
mwsung said:
hey Mr. Robot, are you waiting to hear from UPitt? If you are, I am ready to give up my spot... it will just cost ya some $$$ .... I accept money order, personal cheque, visa, mastercard, interac, gold, silver, girls, etc...

What about laser gun and beam weapons? Do you accept those? That's all I have.

wimmcs

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 16, 2003
Arizona
Visit site
Status
Biogirl361 said:
oops sorry for the double post ha ha

I know a lot of people told you congrats.. but I had to tell you as well.
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
¡¡¡¡FELICIDADES!!!! (Spa. for congrats)

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads