Accepted to Michigan (Interviewed Nov 7th)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jim Halpert

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was bored and decided to randomly call Michigan today and check on my status, not expecting any news. Surprisingly the lady who answered the phone checked my status and came back and said "I have great news you have been accepted to the class of 2013." She said letters would arrive in a couple of days. Im pretty freaking excited, as U of M is one of my top choices. I hope this doesn't hinder me from studying for my final in human physiology tomorrow......

Members don't see this ad.

congrats- that's great!

Members don't see this ad :)
i just called and they said i haven't been reviewed yet. i'm guessing they will in the next couple of days.

Congratulations !!!. .......and good luck with UNC if you're interested in that school.:)

Woo hoo got the I have great new for you. :D

so funny how we both have human physio final tomorrow. :laugh:

Woo hoo got the I have great new for you. :D

so funny how we both have human physio final tomorrow. :laugh:

wth?? ur interview was on nov. 21. mine was on the 7th. shouldn't they review all of 7th ppl before moving on to the 21st? i wonder how they review ppl...

Good luck on finals. I'm done with fianals now --what a relief.

I called on Friday around noon (pacific time) and was told the exact same thing!! I just had a gut feeling I should call, and got the "I have great news for you"!! So happy!!

Jim Halpert, I just found out today that I got accepted to Michigan! I interviewed on Nov 7th too. I'm pretty stoked because Michigan is my first pick school.

Jim Halpert, I just found out today that I got accepted to Michigan! I interviewed on Nov 7th too. I'm pretty stoked because Michigan is my first pick school.

did u call them or did they call/email u? i called a couple days ago but they didn't review me yet...not sure if i want to call so soon again.

Last edited:
Hey man congrats. Thats awesome. Does that mean you have made your decision? I am still waiting to hear from UNC (my state school) on February 1st. They accept half of their class on December 1st (including most of their out of state I believe) and the second half plus any seats that have not been deposited from Decemeber 1st on February 1st.
However I am planning on paying the deposit for U of M at this point and then waiting for February 1st to arrive. Again congrats. Did we meet? I was in the first interview group.

Last edited:
Hey all,

I called U Mich and found out I was accepted! They are mailing out the acceptance letters. BTW, I was in the morning group of Nov 7th!:D

W

Count me in as well. Interviewed 11/7.

I got a letter in the mail today and thought for sure that Michigan was rejecting me since I didn't receive the phone call. But -- the first word was Congrats!!

Unfortunately, I didn't realize they required another semester of a Bio class other than General Bio. Now I gotta try and crash a Spring semester class since everything is full.

Still though....I got accepted! YES!

Same here. I interviewed Oct. 21st and letters were mailed out the 12th, but I had to call on the 15th to find out! See you guys there!

Same here. I interviewed Oct. 21st and letters were mailed out the 12th, but I had to call on the 15th to find out! See you guys there!

which number do you call?
thanks!!