1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Accepted to NYC schools with below average gpa

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Apparition, Apr 23, 2004.

1. Apparition

Apparition 1K Member
    10+ Year Member

Anyone here with a 3.4-3.5 or below GPA who was accepted to any of the NYC area schools, including Stony Brook and NYMC? What did you have on the MCAT and how early did you apply? I know about mdapplicants.com, which is why I'm looking for some hope. Thanks.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. TRUE

TRUE slacker extraordinaire
    7+ Year Member

I was accepted to MSSM, with a GPA in the range you gave (actually a tad bit lower). Check my mdapplicant profile for more details. I was also offered an interview at Einstein and NYMC (wl at Einstein, didn't go to the interview at NYMC).

4. superab2003

superab2003 Member
    5+ Year Member

My GPA was a bit lower, I got a 36 on the MCAT, I got into NYMC, still waitlisted at Stony Brook.

5. missbonnie

missbonnie floating
    10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    hey while i understand why ppl post these kinds of questions, just keep in mind that anything is possible. There is no template to get in. Don't let a less than stellar anything keep you from reaching for the top.

That said, I got into a NYC school with a 3.39 BCPM, 34 mcat. i am sumwhere on mdapplicants. Looks for 2004 app cycle.

-b

6. bearpaw

bearpaw celebrated member
    7+ Year Member

if you have a low gpa, you need a proportionally higher mcat. no exceptions to that rule.

unless, of course, you are an URM. then anything goes!