Accepted to UMN

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Got acceptance from UMinn. What do we need to do about the financial statement???? Anyone are looking at housing?
Thanks

when ere u interviewed...stats pls...thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Hai!
Congrats on ur acceptance:thumbup: Can u plz tell me when u were interviewed? i was interviewed too, but didnt hear anything till now. Also, do u have any idea how many seats r already filled? Thank you! ALL THE BEST!
when ere u interviewed...stats pls...thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
hi , i have applied for NYU & UMN . but i havent got any call letter (for interview) yet. my score is 96 , GPA is 2.89 & toefl score is 230. i have received an email stating that they received my application on jan-3rd ,so when can i expect a call letter. one of my friend (93,3.3,270) who applied for UMN got rejected ,so i m more tensed .i would like to know about interview process and questions (& answers if u can)they asked .

please let me know
funny

hi , i have applied for NYU & UMN . but i havent got any call letter (for interview) yet. my score is 96 , GPA is 2.89 & toefl score is 230. i have received an email stating that they received my application on jan-3rd ,so when can i expect a call letter. one of my friend (93,3.3,270) who applied for UMN got rejected ,so i m more tensed .i would like to know about interview process and questions (& answers if u can)they asked .

please let me know
funny

Hi All,
Just wanted to let you all know that I got accepted to the University of Minnesota today! Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Good luck to all waiting. Hope to see some of you in May 2007 in Minneapolis!

anyone applied for UMN

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hi , congrats Uofm i have applied for UMN . but i havent got any call letter (for interview) yet. my score is 96 , GPA is 2.89 & toefl score is 230. i have received an email stating that they received my application on jan-3rd ,so when can i expect a call letter. one of my friend (93,3.3,270) who applied for UMN got rejected ,so i m more tensed .i would like to know about interview process and questions (& answers if u can)they asked .

please let me know
funny

Hai!
Congrats on ur acceptance:thumbup: Can u plz tell me when u were interviewed? i was interviewed too, but didnt hear anything till now. Also, do u have any idea how many seats r already filled? Thank you! ALL THE BEST!

Thank you.I was interviewed on Nov 8th.I am not completely sure of the number of seats filled

applied on dec-29th
NBDE part1 score = 96
ECE = 2.86
TOEFL = 230

good luck
funny

So anyone else got accepted in UMN?

Did anyone get interviewed recently?

How many seats are left if any?

First of all congrats to all those who got accepted this year and hoping that the rest will get in soon.

I have an interview coming up at UMN ,any suggestions from those already interviewed.

Good luck!

First of all congrats to all those who got accepted this year and hoping that the rest will get in soon.

I have an interview coming up at UMN ,any suggestions from those already interviewed.

Good luck!
just b urself n b confident... only personal questions r asked... n they make u really comfortable....

i had interview on 13th dec... still waiting for response...

Hey there, good luck for your interview.....

May I know when you got the call and wenz the interview??

Thanks,

Smile2007

Members don't see this ad :)
Hai everyone!
really need ur help. I was interviewed at UMN on the 29th of Nov. i got a letter yesterday saying that i have been put in the waiting list. Anyone else in the same boat? How many got in till now? do u think i stand a chance as theres only 10 seats? Anyone else in the same situation, plz reply ....

Hai everyone!
really need ur help. I was interviewed at UMN on the 29th of Nov. i got a letter yesterday saying that i have been put in the waiting list. Anyone else in the same boat? How many got in till now? do u think i stand a chance as theres only 10 seats? Anyone else in the same situation, plz reply ....
i was interviewed on 13th dec... was supposed to hear from them by first week of jan... havnt got any news as yet... anyway im paying the $2500
to NYU as its not worth taking such a big risk... coz those people can come out with big surprizes...
good luck...

Thank you for the reply. i am in a dilemma. lets see what happens!
i was interviewed on 13th dec... was supposed to hear from them by first week of jan... havnt got any news as yet... anyway im paying the $2500
to NYU as its not worth taking such a big risk... coz those people can come out with big surprizes...
good luck...

I was interviewed on Nov 15th and was put in the waiting list. Didnt hear back from them after that. I was also accepted in USC so went ahead and paid the commitment fee of $3000. Donno if I will hear back from UMN or not.
Hope to hear back but am not sure.
Thanks,

Hai small wonder,
Can u plz share ur stats? Congrats for USC. I got into NYU, so, just wondering if we will ever hear back from UMN. Thanks in advance.
I was interviewed on Nov 15th and was put in the waiting list. Didnt hear back from them after that. I was also accepted in USC so went ahead and paid the commitment fee of $3000. Donno if I will hear back from UMN or not.
Hope to hear back but am not sure.
Thanks,

I have decided to accept UCLA.So there will be another seat at UMN.Good luck for all people waiting

Hai,
Did anyone in the waiting list hear from UMN? plz reply if u have. I am in waiting list and i am going nuts:scared:
I have decided to accept UCLA.So there will be another seat at UMN.Good luck for all people waiting

Hi Smilingdays1 My stats are
Part 1:95
Toefl 100
gpa 4
3 years of Indian experience.
How abt urs.
Have my fingers crossed and hope to hear back from UMN.

Thanks,

hi
i have been waitlisted too..was interviewed on 10 jan

Hai, can u share ur stats if u dont mind? i have been waitlisted. i was interviewed on nov 29th.Do u any idea about the waitlisting? like where u stand? just wondering if we will hear from them:( :(
hi
i have been waitlisted too..was interviewed on 10 jan

Hi Friends!!
I was in the waiting list and recently got my acceptance,, Dr.Berthold and Ms.Janet are genuinely nice people to deal with..
Congrats to those who are accepted and good luck to my friends who are waiting!!
Cheers!!
:thumbup:

Congrats dr_priya. When were u interviewed? can u share ur stats? and any work experience, research etc in US? I am waitlisted too. going nuts:scared: :( Did u know ur position in the waitlist? Thanks in advance.
Hi Friends!!
I was in the waiting list and recently got my acceptance,, Dr.Berthold and Ms.Janet are genuinely nice people to deal with..
Congrats to those who are accepted and good luck to my friends who are waiting!!
Cheers!!
:thumbup:

Hi,
Can u please tell me if they are still conducting intgerviews at UMN or have they filled the seats. i had applied in Jan last week and just recd. an email saying that they have received my application. nothing since then.....do they inform the candidates who are not being called for interview.....I have 91 in part1 toefl IBT 108 and GPA 3.64.I'll be waiting for ur reply.Thank you and all the best.

i thought the deadline is Jan 15.

Hi all ,

Got a qs, does UMN require a clinical test alongwith the interview in their selection?

If so, what are the procedures they assess u on ? Please guide.

Thanks!

ah sorry , got confused. UMN doesnt ask for clinical test

According to this thread, so far the count is:-

Accepted(5):-
UofM
mina_dds
g3k
dr_priya

Waiting(2):-
Smilingdays1
rgs

Any additions/corrections to this..?

Thanks,
Ct

Compsongs accepted UCLA. and smallwonder is there in the waiting list, but she/he paid the deposit for USC too. so, dont know of that.
According to this thread, so far the count is:-

Accepted(5):-
UofM
mina_dds
g3k
compsongs
dr_priya

Waiting(2):-
Smilingdays1
rgs

Any additions/corrections to this..?

Thanks,
Ct

Please can someone tell me that are they still calling for interviews at UMN or is it all over for this session.Do they inform the candidates not being called for the interview? Please reply soon.

Please can someone tell me that are they still calling for interviews at UMN or is it all over for this session.Do they inform the candidates not being called for the interview? Please reply soon.
they just called me last friday for an interview tommorow

Thanks Khofo, that gives me little hope. All the best for your interview..let us know how it went. Could u please share ur stats here.
Thanks again.

Thanks Khofo, that gives me little hope. All the best for your interview..let us know how it went. Could u please share ur stats here.
Thanks again.
Thank u, my stats part 1:91, part2:84,Toefl:91,GPA:4

I got a regret letter today from UMN....they didnt even call me for interview.
I had part1 91, toefl 108 GPA 3.64.and 6yrs of work experience in home country.
I applied on jan 25th. Maybe my application was late but it was very disheartening.

I got a regret letter today from UMN....they didnt even call me for interview.
I had part1 91, toefl 108 GPA 3.64.and 6yrs of work experience in home country.
I applied on jan 25th. Maybe my application was late but it was very disheartening.

So did I last year! Keep your chin up and get some work experience. Show them this is what you want to do and you will get in. Be determined, persistent and patient.
Good Luck!

Anyone knows till when they r conducting interviews? and anyone in waitlist, plz do write here, so that we can know how many r there in the waitlist. As of now, i guess the waitlisted count is 3. anyone else???

Hai khofo,
How did ur interview go? Hope u did well. Do u know how many seats have been filled in UMN? did they tell you anything about it? Do u know till when they r conducting the interviews? Good luck to you.

Hi smilingdays1,
I got a letter from UMN today stating that all seats have been filled. There were a total of 484 applicants, and 10 were accepted for the 2009 class. Hope this helps. Thanks and good luck.
UofM

Hai khofo,
How did ur interview go? Hope u did well. Do u know how many seats have been filled in UMN? did they tell you anything about it? Do u know till when they r conducting the interviews? Good luck to you.