Accepted with 6 on Verbal

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Oreo

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is there hope.....

Who received a 6 on the verbal with strong science scores (>10) and got accepted to great schools.

List MCAT scores, GPA, and school accepted.

Members don't see this ad.

There was one person on UCLA's record sheet who had 6,12,12 and got accepted to Yale. That person also had a high GPA.

My friend Pasha, who is a new MD/PhD student at UT-Houston, got accepted into several MD and MD/PhD programs with a 6 in verbal. Of course, you also have to consider that 1) English is his second language, and 2) his other scores were B-14 and P-12.

My cousin was accepted at the University of Iowa 3 years ago with a gpa of 3.9 and MCAT score V6 P14 B15. He was an immigrant, so English was his second language.

Members don't see this ad :)
What about CA school?
I am a resident of CA. English is a second language. 6 on verbal and high sciences (>11).
Do I have a chance? Which schools?

Spiderman:

He got applied to the schools in the Texas application system, and I think got into almost all of them except Southwestern (I forget if there were others). Outside of Texas he applied to Harvard and Hopkins but didn't get interviews. His GPA at the U of Houston was a 3.9.