Accepted!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cool_vkb

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys, i got a good news. i just got accepted to Scholl with a good scholarship. I really want to thank all of the people on this site for their valuable tips and advices. yahooooooooooooooo! iam in. i dont plan to interview anymore schools. iam realy impressed by Scholl's facilities. Its just 15 min drive from my home. So thats an added advantage.

Members don't see this ad.

Congratulations!

I interview this Thursday. What can you share about the day? I am very interested to hear.

Members don't see this ad :)
How many people were at the interview with you? Was it a big group or a small one? thanks and congrats!

hey guys, i got a good news. i just got accepted to Scholl with a good scholarship. I really want to thank all of the people on this site for their valuable tips and advices. yahooooooooooooooo! iam in. i dont plan to interview anymore schools. iam realy impressed by Scholl's facilities. Its just 15 min drive from my home. So thats an added advantage.

Congrats guy. Now just keep it 'cool', while you take this yr to mentally prepare. Best wishes.:thumbup:

Congrats guy. Now just keep it 'cool', while you take this yr to mentally prepare. Best wishes.:thumbup:

Thanks bro. i owe u a lot.!

well, the group was small:D . So it was really one on one right from beginning. We had a description of scholl's history. then we went for interview. The interview was very easy i guess. basically the questions were general. why do u wanna be a podiatrist, what makes u think u will suceed, and what courses r u taking this sem. We had a general discussion abt scholl for another 10 min. the whole interview was not more than 25 min. Then we went for a campus tour for an hour. i must say they have very beautiful and scenic facilities. and their anatomy lab rocks. we were later joined by current students who took us for lunch and by the time we came after lunch we met with the admissions counsellor again seperately and she said us whether we were accepted or not.

As for interview questions, they are very simple. they do ask abt Grades, withdrawals,etc.

one more thing, they said that as the year progresses the competition increses. so i wud say schedule ur interviews as soon as possible. they are getting full.

Congrats dude!! That was pretty fast, you're the first of us SDNers to get in. Where else did you receive interviews? I submitted yesterday, only heard from Barry so far.

Thats awesome, congrats! Just a question, I saw on an earlier thread that you had said you didn't take the MCAT yet. Did you take th Dat's or did you get accepted without taking? Just curious :)

That is awesome that you have been accepted already! I am interviewing at Temple on the 2nd of October and at Des Moines on the 6th. Arizona is giving me a run around saying that they have not received my application eventhough every other school that I applied to received them.:( The lady in admissions gave me the cold shoulder and told me to be patient because she was too busy?! Oh well, things should be alright I guess. I also have interviews scheduled with OCPM, Scholl, CSPM, and New York, but I am hoping to get into either Des Moines, Temple or Arizona.

Thanks bro. i owe u a lot.!

well, the group was small:D . So it was really one on one right from beginning. We had a description of scholl's history. then we went for interview. The interview was very easy i guess. basically the questions were general. why do u wanna be a podiatrist, what makes u think u will suceed, and what courses r u taking this sem. We had a general discussion abt scholl for another 10 min. the whole interview was not more than 25 min. Then we went for a campus tour for an hour. i must say they have very beautiful and scenic facilities. and their anatomy lab rocks. we were later joined by current students who took us for lunch and by the time we came after lunch we met with the admissions counsellor again seperately and she said us whether we were accepted or not.

As for interview questions, they are very simple. they do ask abt Grades, withdrawals,etc.

Congrats :thumbup:

You will be even more impressed when you actually start at Scholl next Aug. Their program is very organized and keeps the students schedules in mind when assigning clinicals and lecture tests. For example, last week friday we had our first big test in clinical anatomy, and they scheduled our classes so we wouldn't have anatomy that week and could get done by noon each day, except for a scheduled clinical (patient history taking) one day.

Also, the professors are absolutely awesome. They will spend as much time as needed to teach students. Most of my professors have been there for over 20 years and are "die hard" dedicated to the students education. Many classes will be taught by 2 or more different professors which are better at teaching the specific lecture topic. You will get transponders that you answer a given question to see how much of the class is understanding and keeping up on the material. As far as education rigor, I believe Scholl is very challenging, however you learn more than you ever imagined instead of strugling. RFU has hired some really good people to analyze student study pattens and teach you study skills which is pounded into you during orientation.

I am sure you will be just as pleased as I am with the school.

Congrats on the acceptance and scholarship. :D

Congrats :thumbup:

You will be even more impressed when you actually start at Scholl next Aug. Their program is very organized and keeps the students schedules in mind when assigning clinicals and lecture tests. For example, last week friday we had our first big test in clinical anatomy, and they scheduled our classes so we wouldn't have anatomy that week and could get done by noon each day, except for a scheduled clinical (patient history taking) one day.

Also, the professors are absolutely awesome. They will spend as much time as needed to teach students. Most of my professors have been there for over 20 years and are "die hard" dedicated to the students education. Many classes will be taught by 2 or more different professors which are better at teaching the specific lecture topic. You will get transponders that you answer a given question to see how much of the class is understanding and keeping up on the material. As far as education rigor, I believe Scholl is very challenging, however you learn more than you ever imagined instead of strugling. RFU has hired some really good people to analyze student study pattens and teach you study skills which is pounded into you during orientation.

I am sure you will be just as pleased as I am with the school.

Congrats on the acceptance and scholarship. :D

thanks man! ofcourse there is no doubt abt it. what i saw was the tip of iceberg. iam sure i have many more cool things to see at scholls. I also saw the Orthotics lab down in basement and their mock clinic. man that mock clinic rocks. most of all i loved the serene and calm environment. its so beautiful location. now i dnt know in terms of patients but with regards to Campus beauty Scholl is good.

That is awesome that you have been accepted already! I am interviewing at Temple on the 2nd of October and at Des Moines on the 6th. Arizona is giving me a run around saying that they have not received my application eventhough every other school that I applied to received them.:( The lady in admissions gave me the cold shoulder and told me to be patient because she was too busy?! Oh well, things should be alright I guess. I also have interviews scheduled with OCPM, Scholl, CSPM, and New York, but I am hoping to get into either Des Moines, Temple or Arizona.
The ladies in admissions are incredibly nice... sorry your experience with them wasn't optimal. They really are very busy right now. They have 14 weeks straight of interviews coming up for close to 10 professional programs... several of which will have hundreds of people interviewing. Just be patient and be nice to THEM... they tend to put in a good word for students who are exceptionally nice.

Good Luck in the Admissions Process,

AZPOD Rocks

Congratulations

Wow cant believe it! its nearly now 1yr. the wait is finally over and from tomorrow i begin my Pod school. the orientation was awesome and now cant wait for the classes to begin. I just wanted to thank one more time to all SDNers. You guys rock! i think i owe this whole thing to SDN and the good people that make SDN so great. Thank u all. Thank u feelgood, thank u krabmas, thank u dpmgrad, thank u ilizarob, thank u capo, thank u azpod, thank u Podguy,thank u doclm, thank u all whom i didnt mentioned. God bless u all. i am really very very thankfull to u all.

now get ready to answer my questions during my 4yrs of Pod school. iam sure i will have plenty:D

Hey cool, were you accepted before you took your mcat? If so, what did they tell you about a score?