Accepted!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kltmd

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm so excited! Yesterday I found out that I was accepted to the University of Maryland School of Medicine. I applied to the Early Decision Program. Best wishes to all of you who are still in the process. If you have any questions about interviewing at the U of MD, I'd be glad to let you know what it was like.

Members don't see this ad.

Congratulations!!! You must feel on top of the world. It's good to know all the hard work does pay off.
KIM

ktlmd,

CONGRATULATIONS!

Now, you'll have a great rest of the year. I envy you right now! I wish I were in your shoes. Well, not really...are you size 7 1/2?

;) ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
CONGRATS and good luck in med school!

Congrats kltmd!

That's great news! Best of luck in medical school. :)

congrads...do you mind posting your stats?

I am applying to U of Maryland, I am a resident of the state, and my stats are ok. Can u tell me what the interview was like :D

Hi kltmd!

Congratulations... that must be a wonderful feeling! I have my U Maryland interview very, very soon (eek), so I would love to know what the interview process was like. Were there a lot of healthcare questions or ethical questions? How did you prepare for the interviews? Did the day end exactly at 2 pm? (I have on my planner that it does, but I don't know if that was an assumption.) I don't know anyone who's interviewed at UMAB, so any tips would be appreciated!

Congratulations again! It must feel great to be done with the application process. :) :) :)

No, I don't mind giving you my stats. Here goes...
Phys. Sci. 9
Bio. Sci. 11
Verbal 10
Writing Q
GPA 3.87
Shoe Size 7 ;)
The interviews were not at all what I expected. They were much more conversational than a grilling session. They actually asked me very few questions. The only one that kinda threw me off (and both interviewers asked me this) was, "What questions do you have for me?" I was expecting to be answering questions, not asking them! Most of the time in the interviews was spent discussing my background, my family, some things I enjoy doing for fun, how I handle stress, a bioethics class I'm taking, and the things I had in common with the interviewers. I didn't really do anything at all to prepare for the interviews. (Other than shopping for an appropriate outfit!) OH... one other thing... both of my interviewers asked me if I had spoken with a current med student at UMDSOM to find out what med school has been like for them. They seemed to think that was pretty important. So if you happen to know a current student... you may want to at least talk to him/her before the interview, if you can. Overall, it was a good experience, and the people I met were very nice. My interviews were scheduled for 10 AM and 12 PM... I was done by 1:15. And I was able to sit in on about 30 minutes of a class in between the interviews, which was pretty neat. I think that's about it. Best wishes to the rest of you interviewing there. Hope to see you next fall!

Thanks for the information! I don't know any current students there :( but hopefully that won't be too big a deal, though it would be nice to hear their perspective. Congratulations again!

Welcome to the club, kltmd!

Feels great to get that first acceptance out of the way, doesn't it?

-The SaucyAZN Sensation

MCW Class of 2006 :rolleyes: :D :cool:

Congratulations to the both of you!!! What a relief, to be done so soon!! Sit back, relax, and enjoy the rest of the year. :D

My opinion: you should go out and do something HIGHLY unprofessional - like get your head shaved, or get a nose pierce or something, just to celebrate. There's no time like the next four years for looking like a rebel.

Well, maybe not shave my head, but it sure is nice to know that my grades don't matter any more. :D

Unfortunately, I can't shave my head completely...girlfriend won't allow it. I miss having a shaved head...talk about low maintenance.

Instead, I was thinking about getting a reverse mohawk...very professional, don't ya think?

-The SaucyAZN Sensation

p.s. - Many of you reading this are probably thinking "So Sauce's girlfriend won't let him shave his head. Yup, he's whipped!"

I beg to differ. Just because she dragged my @ss out to see movies such as "Save the Last Dance" & "America's Sweethearts" and forced me to ride "It's a Small World" doesn't mean I'm whipped. :eek: :eek: :eek:

But what about the nose pierce?

I fully intend to dye my hair a really funky color the night I get accepted to the medical school of my dreams.