acceptees:Show off ur stats!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hkny79

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
for all the SDNer's who have already got accepted.let us know ur stats..so the remaining of us can compare our application and have a better idea of where we stand..
please include ur:

1..MCAT..with breakdown. (v,ps,bs)
2..GPA
3..EC's..

and where u got accepted..

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by hkny79
let us know ur stats..so the remaining of us can compare our application and have a better idea of where we stand

With all due respect, I think that posting stats would be counter-productive. You're going to get such a small group of people replying that you won't get a good picture of what it takes to get accepted. Also, I would hate to discourage or overly encourage anyone applying.

It seems that you'll need at least 7's in every area for a competitive MCAT score, maybe even a composite around a 24. GPA's are NOT alike, but the trend seems to be that 3.3 science, and 3.4 overall are decent GPAs. This is tough to say, because majors and schools differ so much. About ECs, just provide service in a meaningful way. If it is truly worthwhile, and you are able to articulate that, any kind of EC will look good.

That being said, there are no hard and fast rules for any of these areas. Many people have had early acceptances with 20 MCAT scores, for example. Also, some people get in with 3.0 BCPM GPAs, and other don't get in with a 3.7.

This is just a guess, but I would think that as classes start to fill up, better numbers will get you a better chance. Of course, in many cases the interview makes all the difference.

I totally respect your question BTW. I don't want to seem like I'm blowing you off, because I felt exactly the same way last year. I just don't want to have someone looking at 10-20 acceptees scatterred at a bunch of different schools, and get the wrong idea somehow. Enough bad advice gets thrown around on SDN as it is.

I got into AZCOM, and if you're really interested in my application experience and stats you are more than welcome to PM me. I'd be much happier to discuss this in that setting. Take it easy!

Originally posted by hkny79
for all the SDNer's who have already got accepted.let us know ur stats..so the remaining of us can compare our application and have a better idea of where we stand..

Complete waste of time.

Good luck to everyone applying this year.