chandelantern

MSI at Mayo in August!
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 17, 2005
Status
I was hoping I could get feedback on what to put in a letter to accept an appointment to a med school. The letter says I have to confirm in writing by 12/21, easy enough until you go to write the letter!

Who do I address it to? It's no longer the ad com, right? then who?

Does this sound stupid? What would you put? Anyone had to do this for other schools? Thanks!

"It is an honor to accept my appointment to xx Medical School for the 2006 entering class. I have included my deposit of $100 along with this letter and will be withdrawing my applications from all other schools. I look forward to beginning my medical education at xx this summer!"

Thanks in advance!

anon-y-mouse

10+ Year Member
Nov 14, 2005
Status
Resident [Any Field]
oh cry me a river... surely this information is in the acceptance letter, surely you can call the admissions department at the school, or find the e-mail address of the person who signed your letter...

with that said, congrats! mayo is a dream for so many people!

p00psicleSTICK

cat's in the cradle
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 9, 2005
Status
Pre-Medical
chandelantern said:
I was hoping I could get feedback on what to put in a letter to accept an appointment to a med school. I got into Mayo and they say I have to confirm in writing by 12/21, easy enough until you go to write the letter!

Who do I address it to? It's no longer the ad com, right? then who?

Does this sound stupid? What would you put? Anyone had to do this for other schools? Thanks!

"It is an honor to accept my appointment to Mayo Medical School for the 2006 entering class. I have included my deposit of $100 along with this letter and will be withdrawing my applications from all other schools. I look forward to beginning my medical education at Mayo this summer!"

Thanks guys!
Sorry but if you can't figure that out yourself, how did you even get into Mayo in the first place lol? Makes me wonder about some med school applicants... hrmm :rolleyes: Congrats anyway!

About the Ads

MollyMalone

I'm a Score Quadruplet
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 30, 2004
The anterosuperior branch of the inferomedial some
Status
:thumbdown: to the haters.

The acceptance letter I got from my school was also very ambiguous about how to do it. My guess would be that you would send it to Dr. Barrier, but to be on the safe side, I'd probably call Jane on Monday to check where exactly to send it.

Congrats again!

Risa

like Lisa with an R
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 31, 2005
Status
Medical Student
Congrats, Chandelantern! What a thrill.

I think your draft of the letter sounds perfect. :thumbup:

anon-y-mouse

10+ Year Member
Nov 14, 2005
Status
Resident [Any Field]
ps - I really meant what I said tongue-in-cheek, I'm actually ecstatic for you... Mayo is amazing, it has more MRI machines in all of Canada! oh well, maybe a rotation will be possible there one day.

chandelantern

MSI at Mayo in August!
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 17, 2005
Status
Thanks for your help! I'll call Monday to make sure I should send it to Dr. Barrier. yes, I could do it myself but I'm still in shock and don't want to say/do something stupid! I just thought I could get some feedback and some people on here may know. It's not like there's not more pointless threads than this. Have a good night!

About the Ads