accepting fin. aid/signing promissory notes - am I committing?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kdburton

Ulnar Deviant
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm still waiting to hear back from my state school, but I've been accepted elsewhere and have been turning in the necessary paperwork to keep me on track for starting there in the fall. If I accept different student loans and sign promissory notes for them am I committing to go to that school or is it just something that can be cancelled before it gets disbursed if I end up getting into my state school? The deadlines aren't tomorrow or anything, but I just want to get everything out of the way so I don't forget to sign anything.

Members don't see this ad.

I would NOT sign and submit contracts until you are 100 percent committed...what are the deadlnes?

If loans are never dispersed you don't owe anything. Also you can't have loans dispersed until you go through entrance interviews at your school, etc. etc. etc.

You can sign the notes and submit before you pick a school, its not binding until you go through a lot more than just the promissory note.

Members don't see this ad :)
i was told by georgetown to fill out and submit everything, but skip the federal promissory note until after april 15 and until after i'd picked the one school i was definetly going to. the rest of the forms, copies of tax returns, etc, send in.

i was told by georgetown to fill out and submit everything, but skip the federal promissory note until after april 15 and until after i'd picked the one school i was definetly going to. the rest of the forms, copies of tax returns, etc, send in.
You are right crazy. HE^ is not.