1. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

accepting fin. aid/signing promissory notes - am I committing?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by kdburton, Apr 18, 2007.

1. kdburton

kdburton Ulnar Deviant
    5+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I'm still waiting to hear back from my state school, but I've been accepted elsewhere and have been turning in the necessary paperwork to keep me on track for starting there in the fall. If I accept different student loans and sign promissory notes for them am I committing to go to that school or is it just something that can be cancelled before it gets disbursed if I end up getting into my state school? The deadlines aren't tomorrow or anything, but I just want to get everything out of the way so I don't forget to sign anything.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. postbacker

postbacker Membership Revoked
    Removed

Non-Student
    I would NOT sign and submit contracts until you are 100 percent committed...what are the deadlnes?

4. alwaysaangel

5+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Resident [Any Field]
    If loans are never dispersed you don't owe anything. Also you can't have loans dispersed until you go through entrance interviews at your school, etc. etc. etc.

You can sign the notes and submit before you pick a school, its not binding until you go through a lot more than just the promissory note.

5. Crazy4F1

10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    i was told by georgetown to fill out and submit everything, but skip the federal promissory note until after april 15 and until after i'd picked the one school i was definetly going to. the rest of the forms, copies of tax returns, etc, send in.

6. alwaysaangel

5+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Resident [Any Field]
  7. DoctorPLASTIC

DoctorPLASTIC Membership Revoked
    Removed

You are right crazy. HE^ is not.