Accepting Financial Aid Offer??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

njmd55

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys
I just received a financial aid package from one of my schools and it says that i have to accept it within 2 weeks. Now, I'm waiting from some other schools' financial aid packages as well but I don't know when they will come. My question is If I accept this one school's financial aid offer, does it mean that I would HAVE to attend their school or can I accept the offer now but decide to attend another school later??
I would appreciate all the help!

Members don't see this ad.

That shouldn't change your ability to hold multiple acceptances as per AAMC rules. Just fill it out and send it in, you can still change your mind!

Thanks!! Any other comments??

Members don't see this ad :)

Did you send a deposit to the school already? If not, you have nothing to worry about. If so, believe you still don't have anything to worry about as AMCAS is pretty tight about their rules for May 15 and deposits, and you'l probably still get it back anyway. I suppose the only downside is that by accepting the offer you relenquish all bartering power if another school gives you a better one.

this does not mean you must go to the school. i was worried about the same thing and called the school to see if i did accept the aid what that meant. they said that if i didn't go to their school i should just contact the financial aid office, let them knw i'm not coming, and that they should cancel the aid. this will not affect financial aid from other institutions.

Hi guys
I just received a financial aid package from one of my schools and it says that i have to accept it within 2 weeks. Now, I'm waiting from some other schools' financial aid packages as well but I don't know when they will come. My question is If I accept this one school's financial aid offer, does it mean that I would HAVE to attend their school or can I accept the offer now but decide to attend another school later??
I would appreciate all the help!

Yeah, don't worry about it. This is directly analogous to an acceptance offer. You have a certain amount of time to accept it but it's not binding.