accepting scholarship -- BINDING?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LadyKae

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i've been offered a merit scholarship from a school, and i need to accept or decline "immediately"...but i'm really hoping that i'll get off of some waitlists...

if i were to accept this scholarship, am i committed to this school for eternity? and/or does it in any way affect my standing at those other schools that have waitlisted me?

sorry if this was asked earlier, i can't seem to find the relevant thread(s)

Members don't see this ad.

...if i were to accept this scholarship, am i committed to this school for eternity? and/or does it in any way affect my standing at those other schools that have waitlisted me?

Seriously doubt it. You still have until May 15 to hold on to multiple acceptances, and any waitlists that open up after that you are allowed to take, too, so...what does the paper work say? Can't you just ask them?

Seriously doubt it. You still have until May 15 to hold on to multiple acceptances, and any waitlists that open up after that you are allowed to take, too, so...what does the paper work say? Can't you just ask them?

OP probably feels bad in going up to a school that first accepted him and then gave him money and say "hey there might be other schools I want to go to..."

I needed my financial aid packet from a school and I felt bad asking for it and saying I needed it to make a descision by May 15.

But hey thats the nature of the game.