Access to old AAMC verbal passages?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DoctorCrush

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello.

Does anyone have access to the old verbal practices from AAMC pre-2015? If you do, would you mind sharing? Pleaseeeee

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

I was told that the old verbal passages are the same ones in the CARS q-pack (excluding natural science). Can someone confirm this?

I was told that the old verbal passages are the same ones in the CARS q-pack (excluding natural science). Can someone confirm this?

They are. Doing the CARS question packs is most important. If you need more passages, do NS 101 verbal & TPR Hyperlearning verbal workbook.

Members don't see this ad :)
They are. Doing the CARS question packs is most important. If you need more passages, do NS 101 verbal & TPR Hyperlearning verbal workbook.

So is there any value on obtaining the old verbal passages? Since they would be identical to the Q-pack...

So is there any value on obtaining the old verbal passages? Since they would be identical to the Q-pack...

I would say no, especially because the old verbal passages on social sciences are different from what is tested now. You would be better off going through the materials mentioned above + Khan Academy passages + verbal sections from full lengths (even crappy ones like Kaplan or TPR).

I'm using the old ones because I've exhausted all the other materials mentioned above. Also, the ones I just got my hands on has completely different passages compared to the AAMC Q-pack which only has like 200 questions. I believe I have over 400 questions. I'm really not seeing any differences between the old cars and the new verbal. The only thing that is different is the length of the passages.

I'm using the old ones because I've exhausted all the other materials mentioned above. Also, the ones I just got my hands on has completely different passages compared to the AAMC Q-pack which only has like 200 questions. I believe I have over 400 questions. I'm really not seeing any differences between the old cars and the new verbal. The only thing that is different is the length of the passages.
Do you feel burn out after exhausting these passages? How many passages do you do per day? I wonder how you paced them since I assumed you have been studying for a long time in order to exhaust them

Do you feel burn out after exhausting these passages? How many passages do you do per day? I wonder how you paced them since I assumed you have been studying for a long time in order to exhaust them

Depending on how my day / week goes, I try to study 8 hrs a day. No more, no less unless I have other priorities.

I would set up my day like everyday was a full length day. Meaning that I try to start at 8 am and end by 4 pm and take the necessary breaks.

I'm using EK 101 books which is great because every section / lecture of each subject is split into 95 mins 59 questions style exam. So I would do the practice, take a 10 min break and then review that section. So that itself takes me a good 3 hrs...then I do some more review on topics that I was having trouble with from the exam I just took. Basically filling in gaps where I was having issues with. I do verbal every. At least 1 -2 passage. and every 4th day I would a FL verbal section at the time from AAMC, but after exhausting that I did NS which was broken up into 53 questions 90 mins style. I exhausted that too and started using Khan...did all of kaplan and a little of princeton too.

So basically I would rotate like today I did bio, tomorrow will be biochem, after physics, soc and psych (khan) and then verbal. On the days I don't do a FL verbal I do 1-2 passages.

I was burned out quite a bit last week. Lots of personal stuff going on...but I pulled myself out of the gutter and got right back. I guess the fear and anxiety of not making it is fueling me a bit haha.