Accidentally Listed a Committee Packet as a Committee Letter

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kserasera

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was confused about the format my prehealth adviser planned to use to upload my letters of recommendation and committee letter for this cycle. I now realize that all of my recommendation letters were bundled as a 'Committee Packet', but I mistakenly assigned it as a 'Committee Letter' within AMCAS. The incorrectly defined 'letter' has already been sent out to all the schools I have applied to.

I am concerned that my secondary application will not be complete because it appears that I only have one letter, even though it is, in fact, a packet containing 7 LORs. Should I request the packet again, define it correctly and resend it to all my schools? They will have two copies of the same thing, one defined incorrectly the other defined properly. Otherwise, I am not sure if my application will register as completed.

It's been such a long path, it's frustrating this happened.

Thanks for the advice!

Members don't see this ad.

I was confused about the format my prehealth adviser planned to use to upload my letters of recommendation and committee letter for this cycle. I now realize that all of my recommendation letters were bundled as a 'Committee Packet', but I mistakenly assigned it as a 'Committee Letter' within AMCAS. The incorrectly defined 'letter' has already been sent out to all the schools I have applied to.

I am concerned that my secondary application will not be complete because it appears that I only have one letter, even though it is, in fact, a packet containing 7 LORs. Should I request the packet again, define it correctly and resend it to all my schools? They will have two copies of the same thing, one defined incorrectly the other defined properly. Otherwise, I am not sure if my application will register as completed.
Are you saying there is no evaluation letter with the packet? How do you know? A committee letter/letter of evaluation can have multiple individual letters appended to it and it is still considered a Committer Letter.

Whether it's a Committee Letter or a Committee Packet, it still fulfills the LOR requirements for virtually all med schools, even though it "counts as one letter with the AMCAS system.