Accidentally said the wrong specialty on secondary

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Uafl112

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So im a ***** here, and I know im gonna get some crap for this, but I made a typo on my RowanCOM secondary. For the question that asked me to identify what area of medicine I would like to practice in, I said Internal Medicine, when I actually meant Emergency Medicine. Here is where it gets awful, for the question that asked how I plan to incorporate osteopathic medicine into my goals, I clearly stated that I wanted to do Emergency Medicine (I know, stupid!!! :bang:). So I went ahead and attached a document I wrote explaining my typo and how it should say Emergency instead of general internal medicine and apologized for any confusion.

Now, will this hurt me badly?

Members don't see this ad.

You made the mistake and patched it up as best you could. Your fate is in their hands. If your app is thrown to a faculty who says "didn't pay attention to detail" and throws it to the side then unfortunately, there's not much you can do.

Just learn from your mistakes. If they screen you out, then you'll triple check your secondaries from now on.

At the end of the day I honestly don't think your mistake is reject worthy. But the best advice you'll get is from the likes of @Goro because he is wise faculty while I'm still a naive young'n.

Reactions: 1 user
yeah. It just sucks though cause the secondary was a whopping 90 bucks! Perhaps @Goro could give me some insight on how the admissions office would look upon this?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
So im a ***** here, and I know im gonna get some crap for this, but I made a typo on my RowanCOM secondary. For the question that asked me to identify what area of medicine I would like to practice in, I said Internal Medicine, when I actually meant Emergency Medicine. Here is where it gets awful, for the question that asked how I plan to incorporate osteopathic medicine into my goals, I clearly stated that I wanted to do Emergency Medicine (I know, stupid!!! :bang:). So I went ahead and attached a document I wrote explaining my typo and how it should say Emergency instead of general internal medicine and apologized for any confusion.

Doubt it will affect anything. You have already clarified, so I really feel you will be fine. Of course you can ask Goro!

Quit fussing, you're fine.

Reactions: 2 users