Accidently put AAMC ID in an email to a DO School......what do SDN?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

flatearth22

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
When I email schools about updates, in the area, letter of intent/interest, etc., I usually put my AAMC ID so they can find my app easier as well as verify that it is actually me. When sending an email trying to change my interview date at a DO school to make it closer to one at an MD school in the same city, however, I accidentally put my AAMC # in the email. Obviously DO schools have their own AACOMAS ID (7 digits followed by the year) while MD schools have their own AMCAS ID (8 digits) so it's not like I put someone else's ID on there.

Do I ignore it and assume they match up my app/interview schedule with my name/email address and not the ID? Do I send an immediate email redacting my AAMC ID and putting my AACOMAS ID? Call them immediately? Will they think that I don't care about DO/their school because I put my AAMC ID instead of the AACOMAS ID? I feel like this is akin to calling your current girlfriend by her best friend/sister's name :scared:

Members don't see this ad.

When I email schools about updates, in the area, letter of intent/interest, etc., I usually put my AAMC ID so they can find my app easier as well as verify that it is actually me. When sending an email trying to change my interview date at a DO school to make it closer to one at an MD school in the same city, however, I accidentally put my AAMC # in the email. Obviously DO schools have their own AACOMAS ID (7 digits followed by the year) while MD schools have their own AMCAS ID (8 digits) so it's not like I put someone else's ID on there.

Do I ignore it and assume they match up my app/interview schedule with my name/email address and not the ID? Do I send an immediate email redacting my AAMC ID and putting my AACOMAS ID? Call them immediately? Will they think that I don't care about DO/their school because I put my AAMC ID instead of the AACOMAS ID? I feel like this is akin to calling your current girlfriend by her best friend/sister's name :scared:

It doesn't matter. Email them with the right ID so you can sleep at night.

Most DO schools aren't blind to what pre-meds are doing. They are fully aware that you may be applying to MD as well as DO programs.

Members don't see this ad :)
My friend did the same mistake -- she got 2 interviews --> med schools don't care :D Don't sweat it.