Accomplishments in PS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

allre

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
-

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Do you have a big accomplishment that needs to be bragged about?

If no, then stick to "why medicine". You don't need to restate your activities section. There is a reason why it has its own place.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
The PS is for "Who am I?" and "Why Medicine?" It's not meant to be your CV, nor your EC list. If something contributed to your travels along this road, mention that.

People have told me that my PS is strong. However, they remarked that other than my compassion/empathy, it doesn't really show any of my achievements. I just focus on a few key experiences (not things I did) that led me to medicine (and my reactions and thoughts).

I used all 15 of my activity slots to talk about my leadership, research, etc. Do you think I should try to weave some of my more substantial achievements/things I did into the essay? Or leave it as is and don't interrupt the narrative?

I dunno about "bragged about." I have lots of substantial leadership in different areas and 3 years of research with a publication, none of which is mentioned.

If those things are not mentioned anywhere, get 'em into your ECs and if possible weave them into your secondary essays if they fit.

Betting the people who suggested they be in your PS are not Med students and haven't read a lot of PS's