• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

bugslife

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 7, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
hey guys -

i was recently accepted to loma linda... and didn't really apply to many other schools (just waitlisted for SC)...

should i be worried that LLU is not currently accredited? any information on the prospect of the school being accredited soon?

any help is appreciated :thumbup:

pharmster

10+ Year Member
Feb 22, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Post Doc
They should be fully accredited by ACPE by the time you graduate. From what iv heard, they should be accredited by next year. Normally a pharmacy school will get accredited when the first class graduates. As long as they follow ACPE guidelines.

eddie269

Still in shock...
15+ Year Member
Dec 19, 2003
California
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacist
Be very worried, hence give up your spot so I can get an interview. ;) JK

LLU will be ok. Its first class graduated last year but they were still denied full accreditation. Nothing too serious, just some minor quirks the ACPE were being anal about (so minor that my gf, who is a P2 there, can't even give me a solid reason why). The school has an established MD, DDS, nursing, DPT, OT, etc programs (you name it, they got it). That generally means the school knows what its doing.

About the Ads

wannabePharmD11

10+ Year Member
Oct 27, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
hey guys -

i was recently accepted to loma linda... and didn't really apply to many other schools (just waitlisted for SC)...

should i be worried that LLU is not currently accredited? any information on the prospect of the school being accredited soon?

any help is appreciated :thumbup:

Hey bugslife, I had the very same concerns as you did before interviewing at LLU. The associate dean assured everyone that any incoming class that begins pharmacy school, will be guaranteed to finish the curriculum. If for some reason there was a major problem and LLU could not get full accredition than it won't effect you as a matriculated student. LLU said they will provide every student with the procedure for accredition so that we know whats going on. Overall, I think the school is being very open about it and that there should be little fear, as others have already mentioned they have other successful program M.D., DDS, etc. I will be going there in the Fall and I think that LLU will get accredited during the next evaluation because they have already taken the initiative to change the curricula for next year (a student there said they will be shortening the med. chem. class sequence).

Hope this helps.

Dr.Biassi

10+ Year Member
Sep 22, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Post Doc
NO sweat LLU will be accreditated by next year. I'm going there too next year. They are very open about the accreditation too and they told us about it at the interview.

bugslife

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 7, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
well - thanks all, for the assurance so far! after all, i turned in my non-refundable $500 too.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.