1. What do you find most helpful? Give us your feedback on the 2019 SDN Member Survey to help further the SDN mission (and win prizes!)
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

accreditation status - loma linda

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by bugslife, Feb 22, 2007.

1. bugslife

bugslife Member
    5+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    hey guys -

i was recently accepted to loma linda... and didn't really apply to many other schools (just waitlisted for SC)...

should i be worried that LLU is not currently accredited? any information on the prospect of the school being accredited soon?

any help is appreciated :thumbup:

2. pharmster

2+ Year Member

Post Doc
    They should be fully accredited by ACPE by the time you graduate. From what iv heard, they should be accredited by next year. Normally a pharmacy school will get accredited when the first class graduates. As long as they follow ACPE guidelines.

3. eddie269

eddie269 Still in shock...
    10+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    Be very worried, hence give up your spot so I can get an interview. ;) JK

LLU will be ok. Its first class graduated last year but they were still denied full accreditation. Nothing too serious, just some minor quirks the ACPE were being anal about (so minor that my gf, who is a P2 there, can't even give me a solid reason why). The school has an established MD, DDS, nursing, DPT, OT, etc programs (you name it, they got it). That generally means the school knows what its doing.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. wannabePharmD11

2+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    Hey bugslife, I had the very same concerns as you did before interviewing at LLU. The associate dean assured everyone that any incoming class that begins pharmacy school, will be guaranteed to finish the curriculum. If for some reason there was a major problem and LLU could not get full accredition than it won't effect you as a matriculated student. LLU said they will provide every student with the procedure for accredition so that we know whats going on. Overall, I think the school is being very open about it and that there should be little fear, as others have already mentioned they have other successful program M.D., DDS, etc. I will be going there in the Fall and I think that LLU will get accredited during the next evaluation because they have already taken the initiative to change the curricula for next year (a student there said they will be shortening the med. chem. class sequence).

Hope this helps.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Dr.Biassi

2+ Year Member

Post Doc
    NO sweat LLU will be accreditated by next year. I'm going there too next year. They are very open about the accreditation too and they told us about it at the interview.

6. OP
    OP
    bugslife

bugslife Member
    5+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    well - thanks all, for the assurance so far! after all, i turned in my non-refundable $500 too.