ACEP conference- worth it for Med Student?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jbar

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey,

I'm a fourth year planning on going into EM, will be doing a research block during the ACEP conference in Boston in October. Was wondering if anyone had gone to one of these as a med student and thought it worthwhile, or should I just wait till residency to start going to these. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I thought the medical student day had some helpful information about the match. The residency fair was nice to begin to get a list of residencies going and figure out where I'd like to do aways (but in that sense it's probably more useful to a 3rd year than a 4th year).

Also - I don't currently have an EM program at my school so it was just nice to go and network with people in the specialty.

Members don't see this ad :)
$90 but the real cost is in hotels for three or four nights.

I went several times during medical school and thought it was well worth it. The EMRA stuff was helpful but I also got alot out of the lectures. There are some very good speakers at these things.

Take care,
Jeff

Are there any sort of opportunities for M3-4 students to come and have the costs covered/offset?

My particular university says that money is tight in the current economic climate and I'm not sure how much, if any, will be allocated for student conferences, etc. this year (understandably so, I guess).

Are there any sort of opportunities for M3-4 students to come and have the costs covered/offset?

My particular university says that money is tight in the current economic climate and I'm not sure how much, if any, will be allocated for student conferences, etc. this year (understandably so, I guess).
EMRA has a travel scholarship:
http://www.emra.org/emra_about.aspx?id=42264

If you're on the Med Student Governing Council for EMRA, everything is covered for ACEP and SAEM Conferences.

Alas, I am only on a lowly committee so my travel is not covered.