ACGME by Specialty vs ACGME by Family Practice?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Zback

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What is the difference between the two different types of rotations?

Members don't see this ad.

Not sure what you're asking.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, they say they are two different types and they have confused me as well. I was just wondering if anybody has heard of these terms or descriptions?

Yeah, they say they are two different types and they have confused me as well. I was just wondering if anybody has heard of these terms or descriptions?

I'm not sure if this is what those terms mean, since I've never heard them before, but at my school they offer a limited number of students the opportunity to take the majority of their core clerkships (Surgery, Family, EM, Peds, Ob/Gyn, and their SubI) attached to a rural family practice clinic and occasionally at a nearby local community hospital. The Peds, Ob, and Family are all mixed together in the family practice enviornment with one or two days a week at the local hospital to focus on EM and Surgery. This is as opposed to normal students to take their clerkship one specialty at a time at major medical centers. I would guess that's what your school is refering to?

The simplest way to find out, of course, would be to ask them directly.