Achiever RC & QR - false sense of security?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

la brat

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Sorry if this has been asked and answered, but for those who have done Achiever and taken DAT:

The reading comp. and math Achiever seem a little too easy to me - I have only missed one or two problems on both sections of two tests (haven't taken the third one)

The science sections are quite difficult (I'm scoring anywhere from 18-22), especially with all those time consuming gchem calculations.

But with QR/RC, am I getting a false sense of security? Is Topscore more challenging? No offense to anyone who thinks these sections are difficult.

Feedback appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

You seem like the few people that will drop from a 26 AA from practice to a 21ish, no offense, but your a prime example of that.

When you only miss 1 question you drop several points and when you miss two another few and etc. If one question comes up on the test and you don't get it, your score will drop fast because your score is very sensitive when you are getting that many right. And I have heard random question come up on the DAT, not so much on topscore and achiever.
GOOD LUCK, I hope you maintain your high scores nonetheless.

Members don't see this ad :)
When you only miss 1 question you drop several points and when you miss two another few and etc. If one question comes up on the test and you don't get it, your score will drop fast because your score is very sensitive when you are getting that many right. And I have heard random question come up on the DAT, not so much on topscore and achiever.
GOOD LUCK, I hope you maintain your high scores nonetheless.

Thanks. Makes sense. Just don't want to kid myself into thinking it's gonna be a breeze (or a crap-shoot) because of practice tests. Shooting for AA 22

out of curiosity, how exactly does the scoring work for the DAT. I always wondered...I don't expect it to be like the MCAT and there being a slight curve since you get your score as soon as you're done with the exam. And also, what is the breakdown of how much each question is worth? Is it specific rules like each question is worth this much? or is it more ambiguous...

my rc score on real thing was 4 points lower than my topscore average; my science scores were 2-4 points higher. go figure! pat on topscore is a joke, in case you havent figured it out yet!