Acing TPRH Verbal but failing AAMC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

inycepoo

1K Member
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay, I will be frank try to make this as not douchey as I can...

Yes, I realize I am doing very well compared to most, but I am aiming high, so forgive me.

I find TPRH Verbal mostly easy. On average, I get 19/21 consistently over my daily 3 passages. There have been 3 passages where I got 50% wrong, but mostly I'm hitting >90%. I had got a 13 on VR on AAMC 3 last week.

Took AAMC 4 yesterday, though, and got 10 wrong for a 10. WTFFF if TPRH Verbal is really the best gem out there for VR, why is this? My judgment is that the AAMC passages were a bit drier than TPRH, but I don't get the big drop in performance. I was also a bit crunched for time on the AAMC, and could've easily gotten more right.

I don't want to kill my AAMC FLs until closer to my test date on 8/9. Is AAMC 4 VR an anomaly? What can I do now besides EK and more AAMC material to see where I'm at? Anyone else hear or been through anything similar?

All other suggestions would be much appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

If you haven't used it already, go through the AAMC Verbal Self-Assessment. You get 21 passages from old AAMC exams so you can get used to the AAMC style of questions, and hopefully see an improvement when you decide to take more AAMC FLs.

Don't stress out about fluctuations, you will get scores that are below and higher than what you usually average throughout the full lengths.

As the above poster mentioned, old AAMC verbal passages are the best. Followed by TBR possibly. I can't believe you exhausted all your material already lol.

Don't stress out about fluctuations, you will get scores that are below and higher than what you usually average throughout the full lengths.

As the above poster mentioned, old AAMC verbal passages are the best. Followed by TBR possibly. I can't believe you exhausted all your material already lol.

:confused: Who said that? Haven't touched EK 101 at all yet, nor TBR.

Members don't see this ad :)