Acland's DVD Atlas of Human Anatomy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RunDMCMD

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have read great things about Acland's DVD Atlas of Human Anatomy.

Does anyone have any comments about the value of actually spending the $165.00 to own these videos ?

Members don't see this ad.

We had to buy the set at our school. The videos are outstanding and the dissections in them are far superior to anything you'll see in lab. You could probably survive anatomy with just your anatomy atlas, but if you're willing to spend the cash the videos are well worth it.

Does anyone have any comments about the value of actually spending the $165.00 to own these videos ?

They are nice. I felt like I got my money's worth. However, I don't know anyone except me who actually paid for a copy (I think everyone else just obtained a copy in MPEG format).

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah they are pretty good but I don't think it will significantly help you kill Anatomy. Most people are just fine with Netters, the UMich site, BRS Anatomy, and some other stuff.

My school's library had the whole DVD set on reserve. I just watched them in the library, but technology opens the doors even further if you so desire.

I thought they were good for the head and neck, but everything else was explained well enough by Netter. The dissections are very impressive though.

I have an original set and will probably be looking to sell it. I had been planning to put it on craigs list one of these days.

find someone who is good with computers. I think my boyfriend downloaded them somehow (he's really good with computers though)

I loved these DVDs - reading about anatomy is just plain boring. I got them off of Ebay, you could try amazon also or split the cost with a few people, they are expensive.