acls exam

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shokeaux

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
any information on acls exam? questions, reviews etc that are helpful thank you

[email protected]

Members don't see this ad.

acls was actually pretty easy. the written part should not be a problem for you if you've kept up on studying throughout, and the difficulty of megacode all depends on what level you're taking it for. i personally had to take it for the paramedic level, meaning i wasn't aloud to use my paper copies of my algorhythms and had to go through the entire course of treatment for whatever rhythm they started me in, all the way down to telling my 'partners' when to start/stop cpr.

i have been told in the past that taking acls in the hospital means you wont fail, something about the AMA not allowing hospital personel to fail. i imagine megacode for md's would be similar to the paramedic code, probably with the added benefits of bloodwork/central lines/etc.. but i'm not sure.

ACLS is "kindler and gentler" than it used to be. When I first took ACLS, it was a BEAR. Abunch of us barely passed. There were specific cut offs on all the different section. Plus we (paramedic students) were mixed in with doctors.

Now, nobody really fails - you do some kind of remediation until you get it right.

Usually there is a pre-test to be had. Knowing the algorithms cold will help tremendously!