ACOG Annual Clinical Meeting in New Orleans, LA

About the Ads

rayofdiana

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Oct 20, 2004
Providence
  1. Resident [Any Field]
    I'll be there! There are 6 med students from Case coming this year.

And, yes, I've been getting mailboxes full of "come to our booth" postcards. My favorite was the day I got postcards from both an almond purveyor and a sexual wellbeing device booth. The options are endless!

DeaconMD04

10+ Year Member
    Oct 11, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    community.webshots.com
      Nope I haven't gotten any emails of the such. What events are you going to attend? Are you signed up for any of the student events?

I'm signed up/attending the following things.

Sunday 3-5: "Preparing your CV and Personal Statement", and "Finding the right Residency"
      Sunday 7-10: Welcome Reception
      Monday: 12-4 "OB-GYN as a Career: Residency training..." (possibly a 12-1 meeting for applying to subspecialties, if I can swing it)
      Monday 5:30-7: Medical Student Reception
      Monday 8-whenever: Unofficial med student meet and greet at Pat O'brien's in the french quarter.
      Tuesday 11-3: Residency fair
      Tuesday 12-1:15: Brown bag seminar on REI
      Tuesday 3-5: Introductory skills workshop
      Wednesday 12-2: Farewell Reception

Still up in the air for the "ball" that they are throwing one of the nights. I think it was like $100. Everything I signed up for was free, as was registration in general, except for the REI brown bag lunch. And of course I'm looking forward to the New Orleans night life!

Also, a friend of mine at Wake had to back out of the meeting, so I was hoping to find someone else to split the hotel room with. It's at the Hampton Inn Convention Center. PM if anyone is interested. I promise I'm a normal, non-messy person!

Babycatcher2B

10+ Year Member
      Apr 13, 2008
      1. Medical Student
        Nope I haven't gotten any emails of the such. What events are you going to attend? Are you signed up for any of the student events?

I just checked my mail box today (after I discovered that all my mail had been going to the wrong box at my apt) and I have TONS of postcards from the booths to be at the meeting.

About the Ads
        This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
        2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
        5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
        6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        7. This thread is locked.