ACOM vs Cusom vs pcom-ga

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MeG.

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys I need help deciding between Pcom-ga, ACOM and CUSOM. I feel so grateful to have been accepted into these schools but I am having such a difficult time deciding since I liked different things from each school.

A small summary of my impression of these schools:

ACOM:
I like how the faculty seemed approachable and wanted students to succeed.
I would be honest I was less than I puny the town, but it may be Bc I only went to the area around hotel and school.

CUSOM:
I definitely love that they have their own residency spots. (A major point on my list)
The facilities were impressive.
They spoke very highly about their board scores and Complex taht are both about national average. (But I also believe that this is true for the other 2)

PCOM- ga
The town seemed very nice, my favorite location of the 3.
Facilities seemed very worn off but I don’t think this is of high importance.

I would like to go into a specialty someday so I am ultimately looking for the school that will prepare me best for landing a competitive residency spot. I would really appreciate your input, since I’m not really sure what is the deciding factor that I should weigh the heaviest towards my decision.
But like I say, a good residency spot is my main concern.

Members don't see this ad.

Fyi,
Cusom is in middle of nowhere,
80% mandatory attendance,
Dress code,
At least as far as I know.
Those residency spots aren't desirable.

But to be honest, I'd pick cusom over other two.

Reactions: 1 user
They all have mandatory attendance at this point.

Acom is below national average board scores.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Campbell. ACOM has the one residency at SAMC and thats really it. Campbell performs really well on boards and has a bunch of different residencies. Ga-pcom probably has the least stable third year of the three and now theyre opening another campus in GA which will make it even worse. PCOM is a great school. GA-PCOM isn’t.

Reactions: 1 users
Fyi,
Cusom is in middle of nowhere,
80% mandatory attendance,
Dress code,
At least as far as I know.
Those residency spots aren't desirable.

But to be honest, I'd pick cusom over other two.
Hi thank you so much for the feedback. I'm wondering why would you choose cusom over PCOM, if the residency spots are not desirable?

They all have mandatory attendance at this point.

Acom is below national average board scores.
I believe PCOM-ga is also bellow national average. I have to double check this, but I believe their first time pass rate is lower than the average, which concerns me.

Campbell. ACOM has the one residency at SAMC and thats really it. Campbell performs really well on boards and has a bunch of different residencies. Ga-pcom probably has the least stable third year of the three and now theyre opening another campus in GA which will make it even worse. PCOM is a great school. GA-PCOM isn’t.
Thank you for the feedback. Are u a cusom student? I would love to learn more about the quality of their clinical rotations

Thank you for the feedback. Are u a cusom student? I would love to learn more about the quality of their clinical rotations
I can’t speak in relation to other schools, but you’ll be ready for auditions.

It’s important to note that “their own residencies” does not mean you get first dibs at all. But you might know the pds having rotated there

I am not a cusom student. Just objectively looking at the three, cusom has a superior 3rd year clinical structure. Acoms is actually well organized for a DO school, but there’s little opportunity to work with residents.

Reactions: 1 user