This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

likha

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
deleted

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
LECOM. They have good board exams and good USLME exam scores. They are also cheaper, like you have stated above. Yes, the campus is new, so there is some fear towards that; however, this is something that the school has been pushing for some time now. During my interview, they mentioned they have a 100% match rate, they would not want to push out a new campus if they truly believed it would lower the percentage. All eyes are on them for creating another campus, and I'm sure they will push their students to work harder so the board scores/100% match rate does not decrease. The campus also looks great and you are part of the Elmira college as well.

TOUROCOM does not have as good board scores as LECOM does. As someone who interviewed there, I also did not like the surrounding area. In addition, it is very expensive. Also when I searched this thread, their COMLEX II scores were not too great. If you do a bit more digging, you will find that a few years back, they handed out more acceptances than they had seats. They did not refund the deposit, and many students had already purchased apartments. They were forced to either go to Middletown, or they were flat out rejected. What does that tell me? TOUROCOM is not reliable, and I could not trust them.

Both schools don't have a good reputation. One has a bad reputation because of the strict rules (LECOM), and, some say the staff isn't helpful. However, their USMLE/board scores/match rate/price are great. If you search around as much as I have, you will find that people do hate LECOM for their absurd rules and lack of help from the faculty (faculty has been very kind and helpful to me)... But, they have never complained about the education they received.

Other school has a bad reputation (TOUROCOM) because of poor COMLEX/board scores, USMLE IS NOT MANDATORY. Why do I put that in caps? Because some people will not take it if it is not. And, it's expensive. The poor board scores do not make up for the expensive price. However, it's in NYC. Beautiful place to be. And, the staff/culture (very diverse) is nice as well.
***But maybe they have changed like Goro has said above**

But, you choose. As someone who interviewed at both, I chose LECOM.

Last edited:
Still on the waitlist for Touro and they've been taking students off the WL for 2 weeks. (I keep running back how poorly I felt my interview went a few months ago.) LECOM is still a good school, but I'd love to have the choice between the two!
I am on the waitlist as well! Honestly, nothing can beat the amazing LECOM tuition, but if I go to Touro, I will be close to my family and I'm from the area as well. I'm sure your interview went well, I really hope you get in!

Reactions: 1 users