Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

ACOMAS QUESTION

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by AntGod22, May 26, 2002.

1. AntGod22

AntGod22 Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    How did you guys fill out your volunteer activities. How did u list them and what did u talk about with them. Can u show me an example. Thanks

2. SoCal

SoCal Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

In response to both of your questions, I have just listed both my work experience with the years of employment. I have done the same for my volunteer positions. I have not given any contact info. since they had not asked for it.I have a ? regarding the work experience section. I was wondering how you responded to the 'level of responsibility' portion. I don't know if they are simply looking for your title (i.e. assistant,senior ect.) or if they want a brief description of your responsibilites. good luck

3. AntGod22

AntGod22 Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I said a quick brief but detail description of what my everyday chores were. Thanks for your help man. How many schools do u plan on applying to? Im thinking of about 6-8 with nycom my top choice

4. jhug

jhug 1K Member
    10+ Year Member

i put them in chronological order-- most recent first-- this was the format that i chose to use...
    Date (tab) title/postition/volunteer program (tab) Brief, detailed description of what i did and what i learned from it.
    i have about 5 years of different volunteer activities so being very organized and really easy to follow was important to both me and my reader.

5. SoCal

SoCal Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I will be applying to just about that many as well, with NYCOM at the top. the app. is not hard to fill out, but they are a little vague in some spots. thanks for your help

6. SoCal

SoCal Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I was just working on the app. and I got a prompt which told me to limit my work experience to 700 characters. Have you noticed this? This severly limits your ability to describe your responsibilities.