ACPE Physician Leadership Development Program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

brats800

cheesehead
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with this? I am hoping to get more involved in leadership in our medical group and they offer this course so there is a chance I could take it within the next several years. How does it compare to getting a MBA? Would a future employer (if I ever left my current one) look at the PLDP as a positive even though it doesn't look to be a degree or even certificate program (as compared to getting a MBA)? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Most of those programs are taken by members to achieve education credits for certification. If memory serves me correctly, the ACPE offers a CME certification.

I would express I interest to your executive leadership and see if they would suggest this program. I'm curious to hear from others the prestige of the ACPE certification. I would highly suggest ACHE, as that is an industry standard in the hospital setting. The academic folk tend to look at MGMA-ACMPE.

I'm pretty familiar with the latter two and just passed the boards in November. Don't hesitate to reach out if you have a question regarding them.