ACPHS class of 2019!

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by PDocs, 09.20.14.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. PDocs

PDocs

Pre-Pharmacy
    Hi guys! I'm applying to ACPHS Albany campus for next fall 2015. I have a cumulative GPA of 3.86, my PCAT score is 70th percentile, and I am still looking for some pharmacy experience. I was recently accepted to Temple Pharmacy but i couldn't go there. Do I have any chance of being accepted to ACPHS? Please help!!

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. nwandopriam

nwandopriam 2+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    I also applied to ACPHS but the Colchester campus. For pharmacy experience you could apply to like CVS or Rite Aid or any type of pharmacy. That's what I did. I tried to go the volunteer route but everywhere I went I was told I couldn't volunteer because it would violate the HIPAA law. And with basically a 3.9 you will get in anywhere as you can see with Temple so you shouldn't worry

PDocs likes this.
  4. PDocs

PDocs

Pre-Pharmacy

Thanks!!

5. domdan33

domdan33 Banned Banned

Pharmacy Student
    why can't you go to temple pharmacy man ?

6. Maruko

Maruko 7+ Year Member

Medical Student (Accepted)
    ACPHS has a program that allows you to enter PharmD after 2 years of Bachelor's. You only need PCAT in 26th percentile.

Last edited: 09.07.15
  7. RxStudentatUB

RxStudentatUB

I think that's the problem with most programs. Most cost $40,000+ per year, professors come straight out of residency so they have no teaching experience, and the students that get accepted have 26% PCAT which is very low considering we are dealing with a professional school.

Maruko likes this.
  8. Maruko

Maruko 7+ Year Member

The 26th percentile for PCAT is the cut-off for those admitted straight from 2-year BS program without going through admission process.

Last edited: 05.01.16
    RxStudentatUB likes this.

About the ads