• AMA with Certified Student Loan Professional

Join SDN on December 7th at 6:00 PM Eastern as we host Andrew Paulson of StudentLoanAdvice.com for an AMA webinar. He'll be answering your questions about how to best manage your student loans. Register now!

ACS ochem

Sir Buckethead

10+ Year Member
May 18, 2007
  1. Pre-Medical
    I just took the ACS organic chem test and I did pretty well. 63/70 which is allegedly in the 98th percentile but that sounds inflated to me. I'm guessing low nineties.

Now, I got a 3.7 first quarter and a 4.0 the last two quarters of ochem so my grade is solid, but I was thinking maybe because I took it at a community college it might help to somehow work that ACS score onto my application to show that I actually had to work for my 4s. Is there an option to enter this sort of thing or should I go with plan b, where I get my ochem prof to write an LOR and have them mention it.

Also, anyone else just take it?

About the Ads

TheRealMD

"The Mac Guy"
    10+ Year Member
    5+ Year Member
    May 24, 2007
    Houston, Texas
    1. Medical Student
      I just took the ACS organic chem test and I did pretty well. 63/70 which is allegedly in the 98th percentile but that sounds inflated to me. I'm guessing low nineties.

Now, I got a 3.7 first quarter and a 4.0 the last two quarters of ochem so my grade is solid, but I was thinking maybe because I took it at a community college it might help to somehow work that ACS score onto my application to show that I actually had to work for my 4s. Is there an option to enter this sort of thing or should I go with plan b, where I get my ochem prof to write an LOR and have them mention it.

Also, anyone else just take it?

No. You shouldn't have to worry about taking classes at a community college unless your GPA at your main undergrad is a bit low (lower than 3.5). Other than that, an A is an A.

Sir Buckethead

10+ Year Member
      May 18, 2007
      1. Pre-Medical
        Yeah... thats kind of the thing. The reason I'm at CC is because I failed out of my main undergrad (I'm heading back next fall). my cumulative gpa still sits at about a 2.4. Thats why I'm concerned about this. I'm not just your average hyperworried premed: kicking ochems ass was a major part of my recovery plan, and now that its ass is sufficiently kicked I want to make sure I take its name too.

But if you still think I should chill then I will take your word for it.

About the Ads
        This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
        2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
        5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
        6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        7. This thread is locked.