ACS Organic Chemistry Final Exam

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TurkSurg

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
how similar are the questions from the acs study guide on the official exam?

Members don't see this ad.

nearly identical. same format, wording, question type, etc. study the guide and the exam will be a piece of cake.

easy as pie. you need not worry

Members don't see this ad :)
You lucky bass. My professor doesn't believe in the ACS final, so instead I've got a 13 page problem work through exam instead.

Buying that study guide was the best investment I ever made. It's pretty much the same as the exam. If you can do the study guide, you can do the ACS exam. I aced it and ended up with an A+ in Orgo 2 because that test was weighted most heavily in our final grade.

How about the ACS inorganic chem exam? Similiar to the study guide as well I assume?

how similar are the questions from the acs study guide on the official exam?
Studied maybe 1/2 to 3/4 of a working day with the ACS book for my ACS final and I did well. If you know your Ochem going in, you'll be just fine. But, just to be cautious I'd advise you to study a little more than I did :)

What is ACS Organic Chemistry ?

Is it a book ? :confused:

The review book is actually helpful?

It seems so thin. I am surprised it is adequate. I guess I am used to MCAT prep material, not something 1/8th that size.

This thing is a joke, I wouldn't even worry about it. Studied for maybe a few hours before I went to bed the night before, busted out a 95th percentile.

aww man you have to take that crap too! Mine is next week, and I've got the good ol' study guide to get me through.

ACS exam for o-chem 1 was cake. I had like a C in the class and I aced the final to get an B (B's are still bad but yeah it is what it is). Anyway use the questions truly are nearly identical.

We took the ACS exam at the end of organic II. It was much easier than any of the tests the professor cooked up. Just study the workbook and you'll be fine.

I thought the test was challenging & tricky. I scored in the 77th percentile, and was hoping for better..Oh well. And yes, I did use the guide to study. However, I wish I spent more time going over some things, but I was booked the whole semester with Analytical Chem and A&P - both 5 hour classes (in addition to O-Chem 2).