Active duty assignments

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tmbjinc

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those of you who finished residency and began your pay-back (HPSP), when did you get your assignment (March, April, May??) before going active duty?

And while I'm asking, did your assignment have anything to do with your rank list?

Did anyone have an assignment change last minute (ie while PCS)?

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

As someone finishing up residency in a few months, I am still waiting to hear. Talked to our tasker and he said hopefully mid-March. Of course in Nov. he told me Jan/Feb, so who really knows. My wife asks me every single day if I've heard. The longer it drags out the more stressful it becomes. Apparently FP is my tasker's 300 lb gorilla because of the sheer number of spots he has to juggle as well as the fact that AF FP is woefully understaffed. For ER it is easy, because we only have 13 grads AF wide coming out this year. I wish he'd just do us first. Such is life. Steve

I am army HPSP and graduating in June. I just found out where I was going last week (March 20th). The naby people found out about a month ago.

It's like anything else I guess...some people get what they want, and some don't. I handed in a sheet of 7 requests and got none of them.