1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

Active Duty opprotunity for clinical experience opprotunities

Discussion in 'Military Medicine' started by lilbean05, Jun 4, 2008.

1. lilbean05

Hi all,
    Currently AF active duty 61 scientist/engineer with both undergrad and grad degrees in engineering, hoping to attend USUHS within the next year or two. Looking at the requirements for admission (and forgive my ignorance on medical school admissions in general) and I see that clinical experience is a near must. I am currently working 12+ hours a day as a normal schedule and am trying to learn more about how I might fit this requirement into my timeline. What sort of things are covered in "clinical experience"? I did a rather extensive audiology/human factors research project for my master's degree and I might be able to catch some hours following a flight doc around. Other than that, I am really not sure what I can do or what is really encompassed in this requirement. Is this as easy as calling a local hospital and asking to come shadow a doctor?

Thanks for the help--just not sure what USUHS is looking for and how I can fit it into my already very tight schedule.

HG

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. lilbean05

And yes, apparently I can't spell "opportunity" AND I overused it in my post, hah!

Thanks in advance for your help.