SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

ACTIVITIES List on AMCAS

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Premed2003, Apr 28, 2002.

1. Premed2003

Premed2003 Senior Member 7+ Year Member

Apr 19, 2002
    What do you guys write on the activities list. You can write 1/4 page about an activity.

For publications, do you write a synopsis of the publication?

Also, do you contact your contacts and ask if you can put their names/numbers, or just put them on the application?

I'm assuming these descriptions are in full sentences?

How did you decide which 15 to choose? Did you focus on the medical activities/
    I'm going to have to leave some stuff off b/c I have more than 15

I'm in the National Dean's List, and I don't think this is prestigious, but is it? I'm not planning to put that on, unless people do think it's prestigious?

Thanks

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Premed2003

Premed2003 Senior Member 7+ Year Member

Apr 19, 2002
    Also, I received a few awards for the same volunteer activity. So when describing the award, what should I do? Do I say on each "I received blah blah for my volunteer work for blah blah."
    Let me explain.
    I have devoted a lot of time to a unique volunteer activity. One of my activities on the list will be this volunteer project. There are a lot of different aspects that will be difficult to describe in only 1/4 page in the activity list.

I was recognized for my volunteer work in this project with 2 different awards. Should I use the 1/4 page allotted for each of these awards to describe additional aspects of that one activity?

I was thinking I'll say "I received blah blah for my volunteer work as blah blah. This award focused on my work blah blah blah blah" which will further describe the volunteer project that I didn't have enough space to fully describe?

I hope this makes sense. Am I being clear?

Thanks