activities section -- publication submitted, not yet accepted

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

whoknows

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i was just wondering what date you are supposed to use for a publication that has been submitted, but not yet accepted. what date do you use for a publication that will be submitted in the next few months?
THANKS

Members don't see this ad.

Do you know what journal you will be sending it to? If you do, you can say "Manuscript to be submitted for review in -journal name-". If not, just say "Manuscript in preparation for submission"

whoknows said:
i was just wondering what date you are supposed to use for a publication that has been submitted, but not yet accepted. what date do you use for a publication that will be submitted in the next few months?
THANKS

This is a similar problem that I am having. You said the paper is submitted, but will be submitted in the next few months? If it's already been submitted, I would just use the date submitted and make sure you say in the description section that it has yet to be accepted.

If it hasn't even been submitted yet (like my case), I am just describing the particular research under the general research experience on my application. I wrote about the research I am doing, and mentioned that once it is finished, in the next few weeks, I am going to be listed as the second author.

Either way, once your research is published, it would be a good thing to include in an update letter!

I had this problem last year. I believe it wouldn't let you use the publication option without filling in a publication date. Just use the "other" option and write that it was submitted. It will be good to have something to update these schools with later when it gets accepted.