activities/work descriptions on AMCAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PBandJ

hot dog back in action!
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm struggling with these...I want to go into enough detail so that the adcoms understand the activity/work experience and my role in that experience, but I don't want to be repeating things that I'm going to be putting elsewhere or in my significant research experiences essay (i'm applying md/phd). how detailed should this be? and should it be written as an essay (my role in this project was to blah blah...) or more like a list (responsibilities included: blah, blah, ...).

any suggestions?

Members don't see this ad.

scentimint said:
I'm struggling with these...I want to go into enough detail so that the adcoms understand the activity/work experience and my role in that experience, but I don't want to be repeating things that I'm going to be putting elsewhere or in my significant research experiences essay (i'm applying md/phd). how detailed should this be? and should it be written as an essay (my role in this project was to blah blah...) or more like a list (responsibilities included: blah, blah, ...).

any suggestions?

Here's a great post about this same thing:
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?p=3453151#post3453151

I hope that helps!

ahhhh, thanks ana! i knew i had seen that before but i couldn't find it. :)

scentimint said:
ahhhh, thanks ana! i knew i had seen that before but i couldn't find it. :)
No prob! We were debating the merits of the search engine in another thread. Sometimes it's not so helpful!