Actual MCAT verbal

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Yoyomama88

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
is a joke compared to aamc practice exams....Did anyone try out the passages in the "official guide to MCAT"....they're absolute cake. I was getting 7, 8's on AAMCs....did the first 4 passages (8 min per passage) and got 1 wrong.

Members don't see this ad.

I haven't had any experience with the official guide to the MCAT. I'd say stick with the AAMC practice tests then! I found them to be pretty representative of what's on the real exam.

I cannot speak for the MCAT's official guide, but I just took the real thing and I could not find a difference between AAMC practice exam verbal and the real VR. I think AAMC practice exams are the most representative when it comes to VR practice

I don't have the book in front of my at the moment, but I recall that the verbal section had an unusually high amount of questions in the easy category. Also recall that there is a disclaimer in the book that states something to the effect of: the relative difficulty of sample questions in this book does not necessarily reflect the difficulty of actual exams.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, most of the questions are in the "easy" category.

AAMC practice exam verbal is excellent by far. I'm afraid you won't find anything close to it otherwise.