gopens67

10+ Year Member
Apr 10, 2007
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
is a joke compared to aamc practice exams....Did anyone try out the passages in the "official guide to MCAT"....they're absolute cake. I was getting 7, 8's on AAMCs....did the first 4 passages (8 min per passage) and got 1 wrong.

Aug 3, 2009
East Coast
Status
Medical Student
I haven't had any experience with the official guide to the MCAT. I'd say stick with the AAMC practice tests then! I found them to be pretty representative of what's on the real exam.

Captain Jack

5+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Aug 1, 2009
Status
Pre-Medical
I cannot speak for the MCAT's official guide, but I just took the real thing and I could not find a difference between AAMC practice exam verbal and the real VR. I think AAMC practice exams are the most representative when it comes to VR practice

Simplify

10+ Year Member
Jun 18, 2008
Status
Pre-Medical
I don't have the book in front of my at the moment, but I recall that the verbal section had an unusually high amount of questions in the easy category. Also recall that there is a disclaimer in the book that states something to the effect of: the relative difficulty of sample questions in this book does not necessarily reflect the difficulty of actual exams.

G1SG2

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 2, 2008
Status
Pre-Medical
Yeah, most of the questions are in the "easy" category.

Food

10+ Year Member
Oct 19, 2007
Unemployment office
Status
Resident [Any Field]
AAMC practice exam verbal is excellent by far. I'm afraid you won't find anything close to it otherwise.