Actual Price Differences Barnes&Noble and Med Bookstore

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pilot

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I finally got around to checking the prices at Barnes & Noble and my school bookstore for 1st semester books. Here they are in no particular order.

Netter Atlas of Human Anatomy
B&N 89.95 Hardcover
BS 69.50 Softcover (No Hardcover)
Color Atlas of Anatomy
B&N 62.00
BS 71.50
Clinically Oriented Anatomy
B&N 67.00
BS 66.25 *** Save 0.75 *** at Bookstore
Langman's Medical Embryology
B&N 38.00
BS 41.75
Basic Medical Biochemistry: A Clinical Approach
B&N 36.35
BS 45.00
Lippencott Biochemistry
B&N 38.75
BS 35.25 *** Save 3.50 *** at Bookstore
Wheater's Functional Histology
B&N 54.95
BS 58.75
Lange Basic Histology
B&N 44.95
BS 48.00
Principles of Manual Medicine
B&N 65.00
BS 95.00
Foundations for Osteopathic Medicine
B&N 110.00
BS 117.50

Shipping at Barnes and Noble (Ground UPS)is reasonable. I purchased 5 books today and shipping was $8.25. Even after paying the shipping, I still saved $44.75 over the bookstore prices. Pilot

Members don't see this ad.

Hi-- I'm just wondering-- I'm from out of state (going to OSU-COM as well) and haven't received a book list or anything, just the basic life-support sheets we have to know... Did they send you a booklist via snail-mail or did you have to pick it up at the bookstore? I'm hoping I can just get mine during orientation next week, but if barnes and noble's shipping is over 3-4 days, I may get stuck with that $40+ .....

thanks!
Homonculus

No list. There is a section set up for incoming first years at the bookstore. I listed all the books from this section in my previous post. I don't believe that all the books are required, but I don't know which ones are optional. I went ahead and got them all. I'm one of those people who would rather have it and not need it, than need it at 4:00 am one morning and not have it.

Enjoy moving. We did it in May, and nothing went as planned. I hope you have more success than we did. Pilot

[This message has been edited by Pilot (edited 08-08-2000).]

Homonculus, you wont get stuck with that $40. Remember thats a reimbursable expense.

[This message has been edited by DocHunter9 (edited 08-18-2000).]